Headphones

tomayresss

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering...if I were to plug headphones into the socket on my NAD C352, this would be amplification yes? How would it compare to a headphone amp? Would it be sufficient to drive the AKG K702s? Thanks.

matthewpiano

tomayresss:
Just wondering...if I were to plug headphones into the socket on my NAD C352, this would be amplification yes? How would it compare to a headphone amp? Would it be sufficient to drive the AKG K702s? Thanks.

It will certainly drive them and NAD headphone outputs tend to be pretty good, but a dedicated headphone amp will give you better sound.

If you are looking to buy headphones also consider the Sennheiser HD595s and the Beyer Dynamic DT770PRO. I have both and love them for different reasons. I've recently fallen in love with the Sennheisers again after not using them for a while. They have a very open and detailed sound - extremely involving.

tomayresss

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
I'll be listening to classical music. Wish I could find somewhere to audition the Beyers and AKGs :( Shouldn't be hard to find and audition the Senns. Anyone know of anywhere in London that will sell Beyers/AKGs?

A

Anonymous

Try the Alessandro MS-Pro. It is better than Grado RS1 for classical music. Can be driven without a headphone amp but obviously benefit if you do! They offer free shipping.

1714311.jpg

A

Anonymous

On the same subject, what over-ear headphones for rock, around the 100-150 Pound mark, preferably wireless?

idc

Can't help you with the wireless cans, but have a look at the What Hifi reviews and Amazon reader reviews.

As for the AKG K702s, they are very comfortable and they need a lot of running in. I have had mine for 6 months now and they have 100s of hours on them and the sound now is different from when I fist got them. The clarity, soundstage and bass have all improved. They are easy to drive and if you are an occasional headphone listener your NAD will be fine, but a dedicated amp will show them to their full potential.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts