Question Headphones worn by LBC presenters?

cplmarr

Mar 14, 2023
Visit site
Hi, Can anyone help me identify the headphones worn by most LBC presenters at the moment? They may be Beyerdynamics but if so what model?
I did contact LBC and they said this wasn't something they could answer.

Gray

Hi, Can anyone help me identify the headphones worn by most LBC presenters at the moment? They may be Beyerdynamics but if so what model?
I did contact LBC and they said this wasn't something they could answer.
I've seen them wearing different models, but the DT-250 might be the one you've seen.

(A model stocked by Canford, a major supplier to broadcasters).

Gray

Having now done a quick Google it would appear that you are correct sir.
The majority of images do show them wearing what appear to be DT250's
I've got an (unhealthy) interest in broadcast equipment.
They spend on mics, but with headphones the two main criteria are single-sided cable and durability.
Anyone who's heard probably the most famous studio model, the DT-100 knows that hi-fi sound was not the priority with that (the 250 must sound better).

cplmarr

Mar 14, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.
if LBC cannot help I doubt anyone here will be able to, but you never know.....
It was more likely they could not be bothered. I don't know why, it was perfectly reasonable and I would suspect very easy from their side to answer. I know they are Beyerdynamic even though their property sticker covers the logo

cplmarr

Mar 14, 2023
Visit site
Having now done a quick Google it would appear that you are correct sir.
The majority of images do show them wearing what appear to be DT250's
Thanks, yes, the tag on the headphone band does seem to say 250Q. They have red pieces on the headband connectors I haven't seen online - could this mean Pro quality?

Gray

could this mean Pro quality?
No.
The red marking will merely be an easier way for them to identify the channel.
Even though channel identification is not always necessary - watch BBC 'Newscast' and you'll see they often wear their Beyers reversed!

Don't go thinking that broadcast headphones are necessarily hi-fi quality.

A lot of BBC radio use very modest, older Sennheiser open backs, modified to single-side wire. Light, durable, comfortable.

Unlike with music production, 'monitoring' in radio studios is often more a case of hearing whether the sound is on or off 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts