Headphones for Iphone

rob_981

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
I use my Iphone 3GS to listen to my music on the move (and around the house quite often too). I currently use A-Jays Four Iphone earphones, which I really like, but I've been wondering if I should be investing in some proper headphones rather than in ear ones. From listening to them in shops, they do seem to give a better, fuller sound for the most part.

Would it be worth getting some? My music is ripped at 320kbps, mainly so I can get more music on. What ones would you recommend? Budget is around £100. Portability (and looks) is important, but an in line mic isn't particularly.

Thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
And if you can wait until next Wednesday (or sooner if you are a subscriber!), our next issue features a massive headphones feature, including recommendations for best models (in-ear, on-ear, over-ear, wireless; mobile phone) at every price.... Lots of brand-new models tested, too!

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

if it's in the house, then I really liked the Goldring NS1000. They were a bit too leaky for me to use in the office so I had to send them back, but they sounded fantastic.

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Lee H said:
Hi,

if it's in the house, then I really liked the Goldring NS1000. They were a bit too leaky for me to use in the office so I had to send them back, but they sounded fantastic.

+1 for that recommendation in terms of sound for pound value BUT a word of warning; I got rid of mine because when using with an iPhone the noise cancelling caused interference with the mobile signal causing that horrible noise you get when phones get too close to electrical devices. This wasn't helped by the quite short cable supplied with the phones. If you are long in the body and you put your phone in your trouser pocket there isn't much cable left.

rob_981

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Andy and Clare. I will do that. Would be getting the mag anyway, obviously, but good to know that it will have this in it. I don't suppose you can tell me what headphones you reviewed? Some I'm interested in are Marhall Majors and Skullcandy Aviators, and I've seen several Sennheiser headphones that look good too.

Thanks Lee H and bay24. I did see the Goldrings, but definitely want them to leak as little sound as possible, as I would want to wear them travelling too.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Depends what you listen to as well. I found the Dr Dre to be.... not nice. I like bass as much as the next person, but it was overpowering and boomy (to my ears).

I used to have the Senns PXC 250 and they were very good but there was the little noise cancelling box on the flex that got in the way.

The joy I get from a decent set of earphones is almost immesurable. I use mine on my iPhone everyday and each pair has been an upgrade on the last, it's one area where you can really hear the difference.

rob_981

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Ended up getting a set of Marshall Major headphones (before the 3 star review in the latest edition of the mag) mainly because they looked cool. But they were so uncomfortable!. My ears were hurting after half an hour. So they went back, and yesterday I took delivery of the AKG K450s. They have the added bonus of having a travel case and being fully portable. Plus a 5 star WHF review!

Haven't really had a chance to listen to them much yet, but they seemed much more comfortable than the Marshalls, and once I've run them in properly, I'll be able to comment on the sound, but so far so good. Really looking forward to listening to them with some lossless music on my new ipad

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts