Headphones for Home and Commute.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey Ya'll

Looking for a pair of cans that can cut out the superfluous noise on the train and tube, whilst getting the finest out of an ipod. I also want them to be a pretty good listening experience at home.

I have a slight qualifier. I only have one ear... a long tale of a speeding car, a bicycle and a sudden impact. So that kind of rules out in-ear.

So I'm thinking closed back, over or on ear. I've fallen in love with the Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 but have heard bad reviews about the sound bleed, both into and out of the head phones.

Any advice?

Thanks

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The Gadget Show tested 3 noise cancelling headphones this week. Bose Quietcomfort came top.

Repeated Saturday morning.

But I use a £20 set of Sennheisers at the gym. And apart from in between tracks hear next to nothing from outside including the music on the gyms speakers. So before stumping up 250 quid on a posh pair. A cheap closed back pair might be good for on the move and save a good set for home that won't get nicked or damaged when travelling

A

Anonymous

Again, you haven't specified your budget, but I brought a pair of GoldringNS1000 from play.com for just under £50 and even though I have only had them two weeks, they sound fantastic!! The noise cancelling option is pretty decent as well. They also sit and fit nicely over the ear.

Just a quick recommendation. I purchased a Fiio E5 amplifier to go with them as you will not here the best quality through an Ipod on its own!!

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Nice one on Play.com reccommendation. Had over £50 in playtrade funds so I pounced on these. Unbelievable price.

Still keep my Sennheisers for the gym though.

A

Anonymous

Thanks all.

Budget was going to be £200 max, obviously if I
can keep below that it would be better. Mind you if the perfect pair came up might be able to scrape a couple more quid together.

The Bose Quiet Comfort always review well but they're just a wee
bit steep for my pocket.

A

Anonymous

Thanks all.

Budget was going to be £200 max, obviously if I
can keep below that it would be better. Mind you if the perfect pair
came up might be able to scrape a couple more quid together.

The Bose Quiet Comfort always review well but they're just a wee
bit steep for my pocket.

A

Anonymous

richardw42:
But I use a £20 set of Sennheisers at the gym.

Hi,

Which pair are they?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts