headphones and headphone amp advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Not sure if this goes in hifi or accessories, but: what headphones and headphone amp would people suggest to give me the same qualitry as my current naim nait 5i and pro-ac tab ref 8 sigs?i had (g/f has long term loan of them) a pair of beyerdynamic galactics (bt235?) and you could head that they werent as good as the pro-acs when i still had them hooked up to the c320bee.thanks for your advice.

A

Anonymous

i hadnt really thought of a budget, as i was wanting to get an idea of what people thought it would take to do it (an hence how much).although if its going to be hundreds, then i'd prefer to put the money towards a new turntable! I can always just stick headphones through the nad amp if i need to (or go to sleep as it'd only be late night listening - the joys of living alone).edit: the EAR gets a couple of really good reviews on another forum. thanks for the tip

A

Anonymous

thanks again, i think the place i got my set up from stocks rega too so i'll pop in there this weekend. :)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fast eddie"]Not sure if this goes in hifi or accessories, but:

what headphones and headphone amp would people suggest to give me the same qualitry as my current naim nait 5i and pro-ac tab ref 8 sigs?
i had (g/f has long term loan of them) a pair of beyerdynamic galactics (bt235?) and you could head that they werent as good as the pro-acs when i still had them hooked up to the c320bee.
thanks for your advice.
[/quote]This is a bit of a far shot, but I think I can put you in the right direction. As you can see in my sig I use sennheisers myself and from what I've gathered reading the forums for months now, is that naim and proac sound= in your face & exciting (naim) + neutral (proac) sound, am I right?If so, sennheisers are just not your cup of tea and I'd advice you to look at Grado or Alessandro's headphones. Alessandro is basically a grado but upgraded version (and cheaper too, since you inport from the usa directly). Forum member Mahler owns Alessandros, so basically he's the guy you should be talking to...About the quality you could expect: according to what hifi the grado 325i or Alessandro music series two (for $ 299 us dollars) is comparable to a hifispeakers costing 3000 pounds!Alessandro headphones: http://www.alessandro-products.com/headphones.htmlWhether you need an headamp or not depends on your integrated naim nait. Does it have a headphone input and if so how good is it? Usually, as it's not considered to be of major importance by hifi manufacturers, it's compromised in quality. A decent headamp can then make a really BIG difference. In my experience the sennheisers hd650's can sound awfully flat and disinterested if not coupled with a decent headamp.(This could be different for grados as they are much easier to drive.)Conclusion, try Grado, ask Mahler, then -if convinced- buy Alessandro!

A

Anonymous

As Solomon1 has mentioned I am the man with Alessandro headphones. If you use these with any headphone amp the sound they produce is staggering. I have never come across any speakers that can invole me in the music as much as these headphones and I also own a pair of Grado 60's. The amp I use is a QED MB45, which I find perfect for the Alessandro's. I keep offering my Alessandros to the team for reviewing but am still waiting, anyawy the good news is that everyone who buys the Alessandros has nothing but praise for them, in simple speak they are fantastic.

Ed

A

Anonymous

these look cool, thatnks very much. have you heard the series ones? i very very rarely use headphones so cant justify having a £150 pair, but would like a decent pair for those rare occasions.

A

Anonymous

I have the Alessandor MS1, also forgot to mention that I have a pair of Senn HD580 which I never use as they sound so sad after the Alessandro's or the Grado's. As I said you can't really beat either of the two mentioned but if I was going for one it would be the Alessandro's and they are cheaper even ordering from the States, should take about a week to arrive well worth the money.

Ed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts