headphone amplifier

Rjpd77

Sep 29, 2024
Visit site
Hi All

I have a Technics SL-1200MK2 & a Synthesis soprano tube amplfier. The soprano has no headphone out. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD599 which I use to listen to Maranntz CR610.

Question 1. Would the iFi Audio Zen CAN Headphone Amplifier be a good choice to allow me to listen to vinyl (Technics - soprano - iFi - headphones)? Any other suggestions? Elsewhere on this forum Jasonovich mentioned the XDUOO TA-66

Question 2. Would replacing my Sennheisers with the Grado SR325x be a good upgrade? Any other suggestions re upgrading the Sennheisers?

I suppose I'm just looking for assurance that all the components will complement each other and that there is no weak link or no component that is too 'good' for the rest

Thanks a mill

Rjpd77

Sep 29, 2024
Visit site
Hi All

I have a Technics SL-1200MK2 & a Synthesis soprano tube amplfier. The soprano has no headphone out. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD599 which I use to listen to Maranntz CR610.

Question 1. Would the iFi Audio Zen CAN Headphone Amplifier be a good choice to allow me to listen to vinyl (Technics - soprano - iFi - headphones)? Any other suggestions? Elsewhere on this forum Jasonovich mentioned the XDUOO TA-66

Question 2. Would replacing my Sennheisers with the Grado SR325x be a good upgrade? Any other suggestions re upgrading the Sennheisers?

I suppose I'm just looking for assurance that all the components will complement each other and that there is no weak link or no component that is too 'good' for the rest

Thanks a mill
it is me being dim. You are right. so the only way to listen to technics via headphone is to either replace the soprano or get the XDUOO TA-66 and switch the cables from the technics between the soprano & xduoo? Darn! thanks for comment Doug K1youre

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
it is me being dim. You are right. so the only way to listen to technics via headphone is to either replace the soprano or get the XDUOO TA-66 and switch the cables from the technics between the soprano & xduoo? Darn! thanks for comment Doug K1youre
Don't be too hasty to ditch that lovely amp you have, there must be a way around this. Take a look at this thread: here He had the same issue, maybe the Douk Audio box he bought could be a way out, though I have no idea how it sounds. There must be others out there too.

To elaborate on Grado's, they have their own distinctive sound, very detailed, but I've always found them ruddy uncomfortable, especially so if you wear specs. Best to try before you buy but doubt you'll beat Sennheiser for comfort.

Reactions: Gray and Al ears

TRENDING THREADS