headphone amp post cancer

stereorific

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
after cancer treatment my hearing has been damaged. balance is offs centre and top end greatly reduced. with hearing aids I can manage day to day but listening on headphones is dire. I want a headphone amp, not portable, with both balance and tone controls. or a dual mono job with separate volume controls for each channel then a tone control unit (graphic equalizer? sacrilegious talk!!!) any ideas?
thanx

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
stereorific said:
after cancer treatment my hearing has been damaged. balance is offs centre and top end greatly reduced. with hearing aids I can manage day to day but listening on headphones is dire. I want a headphone amp, not portable, with both balance and tone controls. or a dual mono job with separate volume controls for each channel then a tone control unit (graphic equalizer? sacrilegious talk!!!) any ideas? thanx

The easiest solution is software, such as a desktop music player, or even an iPhone player such as Audioforge. I mention these because, according to your requirements, you don't need the last word in fidelity - just a decent music player with the controls you described.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
First of all congratulations on beating it. With regards to your question, I'd be tempted to hunt down one of the amps from the 80s bristling with LEDs and fluorescent displays. All of them had tone controls and a balance control, some of them have graphic equalisers, and they will drive any headphones you throw at them.

stereorific

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
yes, I was thinking of the "amp with controls" method. i have a decent system and can still hear well enough to appreciate it but will probably have to sacrifice a little in the headphone department. thanx.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts