Headphone Amp/dac

Daniel 1

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
So if i were after the best dac/amp combo or seperates to pair with the best highend headphones avaliable on the market what is the limit for soley headphone use. After all headphones only need so much before you wouldnt here the difference surely? I am referrring to if price were no issue.

For example Chord hugo tt retails round £3000 were as Chord Dave retails at £8000 which is a significant difference were do you draw the line?

So basically my question is if i were after the best possible sound through a set of headphones for home use if price were no option soley for headphones with no intention of adding any other seperates like a pair of speaker what is the limit were you would not hear a noticable difference in sound?

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Daniel 1 said:
So if i were after the best dac/amp combo or seperates to pair with the best highend headphones avaliable on the market what is the limit for soley headphone use. After all headphones only need so much before you wouldnt here the difference surely? I am referrring to if price were no issue.

For example Chord hugo tt retails round £3000 were as Chord Dave retails at £8000 which is a significant difference were do you draw the line?

So basically my question is if i were after the best possible sound through a set of headphones for home use if price were no option soley for headphones with no intention of adding any other seperates like a pair of speaker what is the limit were you would not hear a noticable difference in sound?

Get the new Orpheus, $55 thousand USD. You will hear the difference.

Daniel 1

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I am no expert but I am betting if i were to put say the Audeze LCD4 or lcd3 paired with the hugo tt up against this outrageous expense of a headphone the differnece is a minor or at best personal preference in sound.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Daniel 1 said:
I am no expert but I am betting if i were to put say the Audeze LCD4 or lcd3 paired with the hugo tt up against this outrageous expense of a headphone the differnece is a minor or at best personal preference in sound.

Not even close. Orthos are good in bass, but terrible in treble resolution. The electrostatic kills them.

Daniel 1

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I am a little confused.

Are you saying the Orpheus are worse than that of Audeze lcd 4?

Also I like to add £33000 extra for the sake of better base...........?

Still your a lucky man to have tried on such a expensive pair of headphones.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Daniel 1 said:
I am a little confused.

Are you saying the Orpheus are worse than that of Audeze lcd 4?

Also I like to add £33000 extra for the sake of better base...........?

Still your a lucky man to have tried on such a expensive pair of headphones.

The Orpheus bass will likely be better, more accurate and detailed, but the ortho bass tends to have more weight, which many headphone users prefer. Actually, if I were spending £4000 or less, I would probably get the Focal Utopia.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts