Headphone Advice Please

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
OK I have written this 4 times now and does not seem to appear on the feed so this is the last attempt

I am wanting some advice on Headpohnes please 250 - 300 mark. My system at home is Pioneer SC-LX85 with Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6T and Velodyne SPL1000Ulta Sub as part of a surround system for movies and TV. I use the system in 2:1 mode for Muisc and really like the sound! But around 11PM and I start to annoy my family so I am wanting some Headphones. As you can see from my Hifi I am not a fan of Warm laid back sound, but perfer Dynamic Forward sound with plenty of deeep bass. Music I listen to is Shoe Gaze, Art Rock, Prog Rock.... Through work I can but Sennheiser, Beyer Dynamic and Audio Technica at Discount....Advice please.

Ryanr1987

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Denon D600

Beyedynamic DT770

Sennheiser HD25/Amperior/Adidas

Ultrasone Pro 900/750/780

All are excellent headphones, the ultrasones are a quite harsh sounding though especally the 900 but they do well for you music taste. My top recommendation would be the D600 followeed by the DT770 the HD25 are a good choice although they sound a bit congested sounding but still very good.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
umbucker said:
OK I have written this 4 times now and does not seem to appear on the feed so this is the last attempt. I am wanting some advice on Headpohnes please 250 - 300 mark. My system at home is Pioneer SC-LX85 with Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6T and Velodyne SPL1000Ulta Sub as part of a surround system for movies and TV. I use the system in 2:1 mode for Muisc and really like the sound! But around 11PM and I start to annoy my family so I am wanting some Headphones. As you can see from my Hifi I am not a fan of Warm laid back sound, but perfer Dynamic Forward sound with plenty of deeep bass. Music I listen to is Shoe Gaze, Art Rock, Prog Rock.... Through work I can but Sennheiser, Beyer Dynamic and Audio Technica at Discount....Advice please.

The B&W P7 will tick all of these boxes. Expensive maybe, but a great investment.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
For deep bass and a more forward sound, perhaps Beyerdynamic aren't the right choice.

My shortlist would also include the Audio-Technica ATH-ES700, AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio and the AIAIAI TMA-1.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts