hdmi

sam

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi, here's hoping someone can help??? Old system Panasonic 42g20, Onkyo sr608, Onkyo bdsp 807, Humax stb, Kef eggs Chord active silver x. new system Panasonic 50gt30 Onkyo 608, Onkyo 807 Panasonic bdt 110 still with the Kef eggs & active silver x.

Question is, can I use 1 hdmi in into the ARC on my Plasma from my reciever for all devices 2x BD Players & my stb or must the ARC input remain exclusive to the 3d Panasonic bdt 110 & run another hdmi into the Plasma for the Onkyo bd player& stb???

Also pls be patient with me what is an ARC....????

Many thanks to any & all who may reply.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
sam said:
Hi, here's hoping someone can help??? Old system Panasonic 42g20, Onkyo sr608, Onkyo bdsp 807, Humax stb, Kef eggs Chord active silver x. new system Panasonic 50gt30 Onkyo 608, Onkyo 807 Panasonic bdt 110 still with the Kef eggs & active silver x.

Question is, can I use 1 hdmi in into the ARC on my Plasma from my reciever for all devices

Also pls be patient with me what is an ARC....????

Many thanks to any & all who may reply.

Hi sam welcome to the forum.

The Onkyo 608 has one HDMI out with ARC ( Audio Return Channel ), just plug all your HDMI enabled devices into the 608 & just one HDMI into the tv ( be aware that some TV's have only one of their HDMI's ARC enabled, so it's worth checking with the manual ) from the HDMI out on the Onkyo.

The HDMI lead to the tv has to be at least v1.3 High speed generally to be 3D with ARC, you dont need to spend a fortune to get reasonable quality, something like this should cover it Clicky. The Chord HDMI that you have, should work fine.

Regards...

A

Anonymous

ARC is in the HDMI 1.4 specification, not 1.3. Also, "All HDMI cables will support Audio Return Channel when connected to ARC-enabled devices"

TRENDING THREADS