A

Anonymous

5 stars in the What HiFi review: "Overall performancce is storming and it's a useful length"

A

Anonymous

Nice one, thanks

Is it suitable for all applications then?

A

Anonymous

It'll hook you TV to the DVD player but I think you'll need a different type of able for the PS3 to TV link. How far apart is all your jit going to be? 'cos the Monster 400 is 4 metres lonf!

A

Anonymous

It's all gonna bee pretty close. The Monster 400 I've found is only 1m, so is about right.

Are there any good dedicated PS3 leads out there? Not too expensive though.

Thanks again

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well, you can get it in a variety of lengths. However, I can't find anywhere which says for sure the cable is 1.3 certified. Personally, I'd go for the Chord HDMI 1.3 Silver Plus - it's about the same price and I know it gives an excellent picture with my PS3.

A

Anonymous

QED, IXOS and Monster (among others) all make HDMI cables for the PS3. The IXOS is quite costly on the high street but I'm sure you can find them all discounted online someewhere....

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Just to be clear - although some companies market an HDMI cable was designed specifically for the PS3, any decent HDMI cable will be fine. I haven't read the marketing blurb on them, there may be something in it, but I'm doubtful. I'm not a cable sceptic, but I am sceptical that there can be a difference in a cable to make it work better with games compared to video! As I say, I've found the Chord cable excellent with my PS3.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="professorhat"]Just to be clear - although some companies market an HDMI cable was designed specifically for the PS3, any decent HDMI cable will be fine. I haven't read the marketing blurb on them, there may be something in it, but I'm doubtful. I'm not a cable skeptic, but I am skeptical that there can be a difference in a cable to make it work better with games compared to video! As I say, I've found the Chord cable excellent with my PS3.[/quote] Dude, I did not know that! You are indeed a genius!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Duncan2112"]5 stars in the What HiFi review: "Overall performancce is storming and it's a useful length"[/quote]

£50 for 1 metre on Amazon, don't waste your money you'd be better off spending £10 on a cable and 4 dvd's instead.

R

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="hifi_nut"][quote user="Duncan2112"]5 stars in the What HiFi review: "Overall performancce is storming and it's a useful length"[/quote]

£50 for 1 metre on Amazon, don't waste your money you'd be better off spending £10 on a cable and 4 dvd's instead.

R[/quote]
seconded.
£50 for a metre of HDMI is a waste of money, nothing less. Good quality cables are very important... but insofar as cables go, especially digital cables, the old saying that "You get what you pay for" - is essentially wibble. Go look on Ebay, or in online cable dealers and choose a quality cable... for example...Premium, braided cable
That is as much as anyone needs. Rather expensive at £14.50 for 60cm, but probably as good as any HDMI you'll buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts