Hdmi which make for 3d

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Just wondering if I need the latest spec hdmi leads for 3d ?

My leads are about 6 months old,and not the cheap which you can buy.

If I was to invest in a new hdmi cable for 3d,which make should I opt for,my budget is upto £30

Thanks

T

tiggs

If you do need new cables, the ones I would recommend would be the Chord Supershield, Audioquest Forest or the entry level Pearl cable. I have seen the Chord Supershield at £30.00 for a 1 metre length at: www.hificables.co.uk and the Audioquest Pearl should be between £20.00-£30.00, and if I am correct the Audioquest Forest should be between £30.00-£40.00 for a 1 metre length. Although as previously suggested make sure you're old cables are ok before getting new ones. Although if you do need a new cable I would say either of the Audioquests would be a better bet than the Chord Supershield, simply because they are a lot thinner and more flexible (although being solid core they are a little springy).

T

tiggs

With all due respect nads, I was not saying that any cables will not work fine. However there are still some older cables that do NOT have the ethernet or audio return channel. Also, if you choose to buy a very cheap cable ie a few £5.00 or less, you have to accept that the build quality will more than likely not be up to much, although yes I would say that most of the big brands hdmi cables are overpriced to some extent. Also what you seem to forget is the fact that the Audioquest Pearl is not that expensive when you consider some shops sell generic non branded hdmi leads for about £15.00 to £20.00.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
The last hdmi cable I bought was from amazon for less than £10. They sent me another one free for putting a review on amazon. Build quality is beyond reproach. As is performance.

nads

tiggs said:
With all due respect nads, I was not saying that any cables will not work fine. However there are still some older cables that do NOT have the ethernet or audio return channel. Also, if you choose to buy a very cheap cable ie a few £5.00 or less, you have to accept that the build quality will more than likely not be up to much, although yes I would say that most of the big brands hdmi cables are overpriced to some extent. Also what you seem to forget is the fact that the Audioquest Pearl is not that expensive when you consider some shops sell generic non branded hdmi leads for about £15.00 to £20.00.
Audio return and Ethernet are not required as per the OPs request.

Ethernet return is also currently pointless as there is very litte if any boxes that have it. ARC yes can be usefull but again was not asked in the OP.

As I said any HighSpeed spec HDMI cable will do what the OP asked for. There is no need for any expensive cables.

T

tiggs

Ok nads, I apologise. I admit I am not an expert on hdmi cable specs, and what cable you need for 3d. I have never tried amazon hdmi cables, although I have got a Clas Ohlson hdmi cable which I think was £13.00 odd for 1 metre and its a great cable.

I also feel that whilst some hdmi cables are overpriced and over hyped, cables like the Audioquest Pearl and Forest are reasonably priced, as I am sure some other big brand cables are relatively good value for money.

Also, when it comes to the subject of cheap versus expensive cables, I think its very much personal choice and some people prefer to buy branded cables as opposed to generic non branded cables, however you have to bear in mind that most shops selling expensive hdmi cables will allow you to return the cable if you don't like it (usually within a reasonable period of time and provided the cable is in as new condition), so there is no reason why you couldn't buy a decent cable ie Chord from Richer Sounds for example and a Tesco value range hdmi cable and return the Chord cable if you don't see a difference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts