HDMI Switcher Compatible with Yamaha DSP-AX763

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please can anyone advise on whether you could use a HDMI Switcher to make up for a lack of HDMI inputs in the back of an AV receiver. I assume an auto switcher would be best as this would make life easier.

I have seen reasonably cheap full HD switchers, but I wonder if these would be compatible with a Yamaha DSP-AX763, to make up for the lack of dedicated HDMI inputs, or are these devices only for outputting to a HDMI TV.

Thanks

Peter

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Just make sure it's 1.3 compliant and it will definitely carry the HD audio formats as well as the 1080p picture. Whether this will degrade the signal I'm not sure, but there are a number available here from Lektropacks who seem to sell decent kit from my experience. There's also the QED switches which I'm pretty sure WHF rated and gave 5 stars to.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I use an Oppo HM31 and have never heard of anyone having any compatibility issues with it. It's v1.3 compliant, passes 1080p etc. no problem, fully automatic (will select active input automatically or if more than one, will select in order of priority i.e. input 1, then then input 2 and finally input 3) and has IR control.

I bought it here

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Not too sure about autoswitchers, but should be possible to use one of the switchers mentioned above in association with something like a Logitech Harmony remote to get simultaneous input switching.

A

Anonymous

I bought one of these before i got my HDMI receiver and it worked perfectly well and the auto capability worked well. The unit doesnt need AC power either which was a real benefit too.

It plugged my blu-ray player into it with Sky HD and a media centre PC. it transferred 1080p images from the Blu-Ray with no problems.

I dont know about the HD Audio though as i bought a new receiver but the info says that it is compliant so should be no problem and for the money is not really risking a lot, and they will allow returns if it doesnt work.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the replies

It seems like this may be a good solution to the 763's lack of HDMI inputs. I am still torn between buying the Yamaha DSP-AX763 or the Sony STRDA2400ES. The Sony has just about every feature I need apart from the Zone 2, the Yamaha has a slight lack of inputs for my future needs, but it's lack of upscaling is not a problem as my Sony hard drive recorder can perform this task.

I was hoping for the STRDA2400ES to drop in price but it looks like that is now not going to happen, so it looks like I may go for the Yamaha. The Denon 1909 looks quite good also for £300, but I understand that it is not quite as good with music, as either the Sony or the Yamaha, and it has no pre outs. I need to make a decision soon as I am about to redecorate my front room, and will be laying a wooden floor under which I can run the cables for my surround speakers that I have already purchased but have not had chance to try out yet!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts