hdmi splitters

jon c

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
hi,

this is my firstpost here and i think its a good subject to bring up as i dont see much info about it around, im wishing to find any info on the best quality hdmi splitters around as im looking to expand my setup and my sony lcd only has one socket.

be very grateful if anyone out there has some info and hoping what hifi may have a test coming up soon

rgds jon c

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You actually need an HDMI switcher, will allow several sources to be fed into a single socket (on the TV), and not a splitter, which allows one HDMI output to feed several display devices (eg a TV, a projector and so on). Several companies make such switches - we've always had good results with the remote-control one from QED. Not cheap, but works well.

jon c

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
hehe was suppose to type switcher not splitter, anyway thanks for your help....yeh qed are a bit expensive for me but i have been looking at one by cyp on www.hificables.co.uk and also there is a cyp one on ebay currently also on ebay is a tech link one too have you seen these perform or know if they are a good alternative to the qed one?

rgds jon c

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Jon

Haven't tested the Cyp or Techlink ones I'm afraid, but we're hoping to look at a few more HDMI switchers in the next Ultimate Guide to Home Cinema, so will keep you posted.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts