HDMI for sound only

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know if a blu ray player has two HDMI outs, whether you could use one for the video i.e connect it directyl to the TV and let the TV do the video processing and connect the other one to the HDMI out to the HDMI in of the Amp. I'm guessing it will work so long as the amp is set to the correct input selector at the time of watching the movie. In theory it should process the audio but no video since I wont be using the HDMI out of the amp. Am I correct to assume this?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I don't think you'll find anything that will do this. One of the reasons HDMI was created was to try and simplify the mass of cables required for home cinema systems to just one easy connection. I may be wrong but I've never heard of any player like this and I don't think one will be created for this very reason.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
cstanwhf:
Think the upcoming Pioneer BDP-LX91 Blu-ray player has 2 HDMI outputs.

So it does, one labelled "Main (Kuro Link)" and the other "Sub".

don't quite know what to make of that...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
According to the manual the "Sub" HDMI output only gives two-channel PCM audio and doesn't carry Kuro link signals either.

Not entirely sure what the point of it is then really.

A

Anonymous

Perhaps theres some benifit from just carrying audio eg no cross talk with the video signal, just a guess.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts