hdmi audio?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello All

I have a question please ............. this has probaby been answered many times elsewhere on this wonderful forum.

My amp is a Yamaha RX-V2600 which does not decode the HD sound formats only DD 5.1 and DTS etc.

So i would like to know how to connect a Blu-ray player to the amp to obtain the best possible sound from the said AV amp..... my train of thought is can i only link via co-axial and recieve standard 5.1 sound or does the Yamaha which has a HDMI connection receive a decoded hi-def signal from a Blu Ray player and output it through the yamaha.. but what would i be hearing exactly?

I'd rather not connect the player to the amp via analogue connections as you can do with the newer sony and panasonic players.

Sorry if the question is a no-brainer.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for quick reply.

That's great so the HDMI connection would work but would i be hearing it in full HD like you guys who have amps that decode HD sound?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Yup, the only difference is, in your case, the player is decoding the audio rather than the amp but, in theory at least, the decoded signal will be exactly the same, so you will be getting the higher quality audio.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Provided your player decodes all audio formats, you will get HD audio as your amp can handle LPCM over HDMI (see page 119 of your manual). You can check what audio formats are decoded etc. for the various bluray players on the market here:

www.idoblu.co.uk

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Can i come in here.I'm waiting on the yam 863 amp.I have the pana BD35.

My TV however is 36" Pana CRT,no HDMI.I've decided the new tv can wait because i've yet to see a SD pic as good as my crt.

At the moment the player is connected via component to the tv.I can connect via my amp to the tv with component & feel i will be able to with the Yamaha.I appreciate from what you've said that i can get HD sound from hdmi to the amp.

Any idea what sort of picture i'd get from a blu ray sent to my crt.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts