HDMI Active Speakers

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Since 2015, I used a pair of Q acoustic BT3's as my main speakers for my TV. Since upgrading to the LG CX at the start of the year, my BT3's are a tad outdated and don't support alot of the new tech on the market. The CX is connected to the BT3's via optical. Ideally I would like to stay with the plug-and-play, this suits my needs for my main room so I can connect my CX via a compatible eARC connection for Dolby Atmos. I would like to stay with active speakers rather than go down the sound bar route if possible! I really like the TV stand on the CX and i don't want to have a sound bar dominate this space. The active speakers at each side of the TV looks neater for me!
Any recommendations to add to a shortlist so I can demo! Max budget for my new active speakers is €700..

My space is to limited for Floorstanders. I will attach a pic of my area. My TV stand has two shelves which are occupied by a cable box and PlayStation. So this rules out a receiver.

Attachments

• IMG_20210613_222410.jpg
    IMG_20210613_222410.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 11

Shay.M

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
I have a similar problem sith a new TV (Samsung serie 7) that does not have analog audio exit Optical or Bluetooth only. Untill now the old TV was connected to an old amplifier (Onkyo from 1990's) that has no Optical connectivity. At the moment the connection is via a small Esinkin BT adapter that transmit the audio from the TV to the analog entrance in the Onkyo. I wonder if a transmiter (DAC?) that may use the TV optical exit will produce a better sound.

Tinman1952

I have a similar problem sith a new TV (Samsung serie 7) that does not have analog audio exit Optical or Bluetooth only. Untill now the old TV was connected to an old amplifier (Onkyo from 1990's) that has no Optical connectivity. At the moment the connection is via a small Esinkin BT adapter that transmit the audio from the TV to the analog entrance in the Onkyo. I wonder if a transmiter (DAC?) that may use the TV optical exit will produce a better sound.
Bluetooth is lossy … so using the optical output on the TV into a DAC should give an improvement in sound quality.

Reactions: Shay.M

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts