hdd recorder

markyboy156

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
hi

can anybody tell me of a 4k recorder that can be connected to a sky q silver 2tb sky box that will allow me to record more sky content than just the 2tb limit and so i can record in 4k as well thanks

Gray

I could be wrong but, I'd take a guess that Sky would ensure that their 4k content could never be recorded on an external unit. (Not in 4k anyway)

Even with HD, broadcasters were pretty choosy with what you were allowed to do. I played with a Panasonic Blu-Ray recorder (with Freesat tuners) for a while - you could record HD to its internal HDD. The machine had the ability to burn HD content from its HDD to its Blu-Ray disc recorder - but only if the broadcaster allowed it. At most they allowed only one HD disc to be burned, sometimes none at all.

If anyone makes a UHD HDD/Disc recorder in the future, it's likely to be Panasonic, maybe with satellite tuners, but, even then, I'd expect the same, or more, copy restrictions - certainly no native 4k out to external recorders.

Keep looking though, people always find unofficial ways of doing things don't they?

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
There won't be any 4K recorders (or software) until someone cracks the encryption codes. Even then you'll probably be looking at 20-30 gigabytes of hard disk per 4K movie, so media storage coats will be comparable to just buying the UHD BD disk anyway, especially if your storage is RAID'd. A regular 1080p BD takes over 6GB so with 4x the video data you can see 20-24 GB is quite probable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts