HDCP Error with Apple TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi  - hopefully someone can help  - apple tv hooked up through QED HDMI cable to Onkyo tr606 then hdmi into sony bravia 52w4000. When trying  to rent or buy films it says there is a HDMI error that the connection is not HDCP compatible. Tried changing the HDMI socket on the TV no effect, tried direct to TV no effect, tried to another TV no effect, tried old HDMI no effect, tried factory reset no effect, searched all the apple forums and it seems that a number of people have the issue but no clear answers. Have also emailed sony, onkyo and QED who have made suggestions but non work. It seems to be the ATV box?

Can anyone help or should I just use the component video cables which I assume are lower quality?

Thanks

Paul  

Ksutty

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I can see this is an old post but just having same problem, system worked fine for over 2 years then had to disconnect everything while decorating since reconnecting ( yes it's all back correctly) had this issue when trying to view my purchased iTunes films. Have tried swapping all my hdmi cables around as I have quite a few but nothing works.

TRENDING THREADS