hd sound from blue ray

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
when using my Panasonic bd 50 blue ray player I'm not sure if I'm getting the correct or best sound from it im in process of buying a new amplifier but in mean time I'm using a sony strdg700 i cant get hd picture through this amp only sound so I'm running hdmi lead straight from bd50 to TV , i have lead going from bd50 co axle to DVD in on amp , i also have 6 leads going into my audio out on bd50 to the audio in on my amp,have i got this set up correct as ive found that if i take all 6 audio leads out and just leave co axle lead in the sound is same meaning it makes no difference if i use audio leads or not just as long as co axle lead is in, sorry if im blabbering a bit ,it just doesn't seam rite that i can be getting correct audio from 1 co axle lead? please help

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You may have hooked it all up, but have you changed the settings so that the sound is being decoded onboard and then sent via the multi-channel outputs to your amp? Best bet is a good read of the manual to ensure you've got this right. I'd also disconnect the coaxial connection while you're testing this as it ensures you're getting sound through the multi-channel outputs this way. Once you've got everything working and you know what settings you need, you can hook it back up again (I assume you have this for playing standard Dolby Digital / DTS tracks?).

A

Anonymous

yes thanks for your help its helped me a great deal I'm trying to get best sound and pic i can afford but already I'm finding that bit difficult as new sounds and pic resolutions are change all the time so really I'm trying to get the very best out of the components i can get, I'm just new to all this so any help would be greatly appreciated

A

Anonymous

Ive tried removing the co axle cable and just leaving the 6 audio in and out cables from blue ray to amp but dont get any sound what so ever, Ive tried setting the blue ray from bitstream to pcm to no avail, can any1 please help me how i go about getting best sound from blue ray and amp and tell me if i should have settings on blue ray set at pcm or bit stream , thanks for help any1

Gozaradio

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
Just had a quick look at the manual on line for specifics but I believe that if you go into the setup menu and then "TV / Device Connection", you need to go to "HDMI Audio Output" and set it to OFF

In the same section, you also need to look at the "Speaker" item and make sure it is set to MULTI CHANNEL

That should be all you need to do until you upgrade your receiver.

EDIT: and unplug the coaxial lead as that won't give you HD Audio, but the analogue outputs will.

A

Anonymous

ok thanks my friend i shall try what you said tomorrow and see how i get on, as ive lost control to tv other half now rules hehe thanks

Gozaradio

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
<In true Columbo style> - There's just one more thing...

I have just read elsewhere that depending on the disc, you may also need to select the HD audio track on the blu-ray yourself using the 'Audio' button in the centre. I think you can do this while the disc is playing so you should be able to hear the difference. You will want the one that says something like 'TrueHD Multi' or words to that effect.

A

Anonymous

hi i dont have a audio button in centre of remote i do have 1 at bottom but when i press it while movie is playing or not playing nothing happens it makes no diffrence, ive been messing about with settings and i do now get sound but only when i have amp set at multti in , i cant wait till these new amps are released to i up grade thanks

Gozaradio

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
Perhaps your remote is from a different market to UK (or, more likely, I have something wrong).

Amp set to multi in - that's exactly what you want because that's what you're using. If it sounds better to you, then congratulations. If not, then either the player still needs to be set to output TrueHD over analogue, or you can't hear the difference (not an insult!).

A

Anonymous

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHEN THESE NEW AMPS ARE DUE FOR RELEASE?

Gozaradio

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
I don't understand what you mean by 'new amps'. If you mean, when will any A/V receivers be out that can deal with HD audio and video over HDMI, then that time is already here. There are many to choose from.

However, if you're happy with the HD audio you now have using the analogue outputs then I don't see any immediate need to upgrade.

A

Anonymous

yes you can tell im new to this, thats exactly what i mean new av recievers, ive been told onkyo and yamaha are about to release new models very soon and since im on market for new reciever as the sony im using at the moment i cant get pic through hdmi i thought id wait to see what the new models are like hence the question does anyone know when these (amps) av recievers are due for release/

Gozaradio

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
Right - well it depends on your budget, some of the newer Onkyos at the budget end (ie - under £500) have been out for a while and will do what you ask. Denon have just released their 1909 receiver which is a direct competitor to the Onkyo 606 (and just beats it, according to What Hifi). Sony are in the process of releasing their new A/V receivers.

The more expensive Onkyos are due later this month but there are deals tobe had on outgoing models as new ones come in. I am considering either an Onkyo 875 or a Denon 2808 as deals are available on them both.

It all depends on your budget and your requirements. A lot of people seem to be happy around the £400 mark with either the Onkyo 606 or Denon 1909.

A

Anonymous

thanks n, i was thinking of arround £1000 - to £1500 mark as was was lookin at the onkyo 905 but rather wait n see what new recievers are like

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts