HD Music Availability

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I would like to get more HD music but it is proving tricky. There is some on Naim etc but HD Tracks only sells to US residents & even then there isn't a huge choice.

What HiFi seem to review using lots of HD music & mention HD Tracks so how is everyone doing it?

Also why won't the major labels offer 24 bit downloads as a choice on all new releases?

All advice gratefully received given that my Olive & Uniqute both sound better with HD content

A

Anonymous

Being in Montréal I also use Qobuz which is french thought (from France I think...). I guess it shouldn't be a big problem to find music title.

I assume you won't have the same problem you have with HDTracks. Some people said in the past they could bypass the territory problem by using paypal, but I have the feeling it's not working anymore. But I could be all wrong one that one.

May I take the occasion to ask what speaker you are using? I'm slowly chopping. :)

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
You could always just make your own hi-res ;)

I couldn't tell the difference between 16/44 upsampled to 24/96 and the native 24/96. :O

A

Anonymous

Hi paradiziac, think I might be being a bit clueless but how do you upsample from 16/44 to 24/96?

A

Anonymous

According to a another January magazine (not Whathifi obviously) there is a review of players for computer music and upsampling seems to effectivaly make a good impact in the sound.

I'm using DBpoweramp, but there are other solutions available.

But let's not overflow this post with off topics comments... We could go far with on that side topic :grin: I'm out!

A

Anonymous

I am using the Guru QM10's which work very well with the UniQute (they are small speakers which was what was required in the room). However they are very good at driving different speakers - in another room I use it with some big floorstanding B&W CDM7NT's (6 or 7 years old)

I also have an Olive / Naim DAC / Naim 200/202 amp running Wilson Benesch speakers (Curve floorstanders although the Arcs are excellent too)

I would seriously recommend listening to the Wilson Benesch Arc speakers if you have the budget & can find them

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
paradiziac said:
You could always just make your own hi-res ;)

I couldn't tell the difference between 16/44 upsampled to 24/96 and the native 24/96. :O

YawningSmiley.jpg

baz

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought a couple of albums from HD Tracks last week with no problem - basically you just pick whatever you like, pop it in your basket and go straight to checkout without registering at all, and make sure you pay via Paypal.....otherwise, as has been mentioned, you run the risk of being told that you can't buy from the UK due to copyright nonsense etc.

Seemed to work fine for me, and as I say, it was about a week ago....good luck !

SteveR750

HD tracks works fine with paypal. Some of the 24/96 tracks are a £1000 amp upgrade of difference cmpared to the std cda version. Not all are that good, I'm sure that some of the hi res tracks are simply upsampled cd audio, and unfortunately HD tracks does not verify the source data.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for the tip about paypal and checking out without completing registration. I managed to download Steve Vai's "Where The Other Wild Things Are" OK, sounds great.

rockout.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts