HD movies from hard drive to TV?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I've got laods of HD movies on my hard drive that I want to watch on my TV. I don't have a blu ray player and don't think i'll bother as external hard drives are coming down in price all the time. I was thinking of getting an HD media player/server that can be both wireless and wired and can also back up/mirror the movies so i don't lose my collection. I don't have massive amounts to spend but do you have any suggestions as to how I could do this?

Many thanks,

Mike.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
mald19:
Hi there,

I've got laods of HD movies on my hard drive that I want to watch on my TV. I don't have a blu ray player and don't think i'll bother as external hard drives are coming down in price all the time. I was thinking of getting an HD media player/server that can be both wireless and wired and can also back up/mirror the movies so i don't lose my collection. I don't have massive amounts to spend but do you have any suggestions as to how I could do this?

Many thanks,

Mike.

What format are the HD movies in?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
mald19:
.mkv, .vob, .m2ts, .avi, .mpeg, .mov

Can you not just connect your pc to your screen? Finding something that will stream mkv is hard enough let alone something that can play all of those formats.

A

Anonymous

yeah i've looked at the popcorn on amazon and generally gets good reviews, but everyone had something negative to say about it.

how would i be able to connect that to my pc from my TV, which is in another room?

cheers

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
mald19:yeah i've looked at the popcorn on amazon and generally gets good reviews, but everyone had something negative to say about it.
WHF review here if it helps. Also, there's the HD Digitech HDX-1000

mald19:how would i be able to connect that to my pc from my TV, which is in another room?

Both plug into the ethernet network. In theory, you could therefore hook them up to a wireless network using a wireless bridge if you have no access to your wired network in the living room (like this one - this isn't necessarily a recommendation, just an example).

A

Anonymous

I've just bought a Netgear EVA-8000 for £175. It will stream SD wirelessly and also stream HD if you hard wire to the network or use the new fangled power-line network thingy (which I'm not up to speed with yet).

Bit of a bottom-ache setting it up but it works great now!

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
I haven't tried one of these myself, but I do think this might be able to resolve your problem cheaply. I know it plays mkv's, you'll have to read up yourself on the other formats. You'd just have to get an external hard drive to connect to it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-1080P-Media-Player/dp/B001ILFDCK

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts