Have Merlin Cables gone bust or they unable to keep up with demand for their products?

Radiohead

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
I placed an order for the Scorpion Digital cable at the Bristol Show and still haven't received it. The chap I met was very pleasant and chatty (he could talk he hind legs of a donkey), and seemed very genuine and keen for my business which was refreshing.

I have since left umpteen messages on their answer phone and contacted them via their website to no avail. Worrying thing is I gave them my card details!! Has anyone had similar problems? WHF can you help me find out what the problem is?

P

A

Anonymous

Firstly, I am very pleased with their products when received, but...

My experience of them is that they are in no hurry to get orders out. They do say they are all made to order. Gives the impression they have zero back stock, even still you would have thought they would hold a few of the more common orders. This may seem to make business sense to a small independant company, but it is very frustrating for the customer, ultimately risking losing business. Being given a realistic estimate of delivery times could easily resolve all this!

They also sell them in standard lengths, or to order, on ebay as well. Even there they do not appear to be too speedy. Their eBay adverts state, 'Please be aware that these cables are all hand made in the uk to your order. For this reason we state a dispatch time of 5 business days but we will do everything we can to dispatch as quick as possible.' Their seller comments make for interesting reading. Surprising they have a positive score of 97.7%.

This is my general experience of bespoke ordering cables from hifi manufacturers for products though
emotion-6.gif
Perhaps I expect too much in these days when most online stores post it the same day.

The order status part of their website is useless, as it always says 'pending shipment' from the moment you place the order until long after you have received it.

However, selling direct should bring the cost down for us and some of their products are very fine indeed.

So the wait for my latest Bach MkIII continues...

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
never had any issues with them at all and also contacted them to make specific cables for me lengths etc not advertised on their website - always arrived promptly this note is currently on their website - although seems strange not changed the number at the top - surely not a big deal

DUE TO AN UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND OVER THE LAST 4 MONTHS WE HAVE SOLD THE ENTIRE STOCK OF MOZART/C6/C12 CABLES WHICH WAS ANTICIPATED TO LAST OVER A YEAR! WE HAVE CLEARED SOME OF OUR BACK ORDERS BUT ALL OUTSTANDING AND NEW ORDERS WILL BEGIN DISPATCHING AFTER THE 6th APRIL AND BE SUPPLIED IN DATE ORDER. THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.

PLEASE ONLY USE TEL NO.0870 321 0215 TO CONTACT US - IT IS NOT PREMIUM RATE!!
WE HAVE RECENTLY CHANGED OUR SALES OFFICE AND THE 01189... NUMBER AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE IS NO LONGER CONNECTED - THE WEBSITE WILL BE UPDATED SHORTY.

A

Anonymous

I know that they are very busy which may be the problem on your delivery.

I bought a Vivaldi analogue i/c a while ago and had excellent service. Several detailed emails giving advice on which to buy and the best way of comparing with my existing i/c. So overall pleased with my purchase.

Just keep phoning and no doubt you will get you order soon. I hope so, it will be worth the wait.

A

Anonymous

I spoke to that same guy at the show, he sure can talk but is undeniably passionate about what he does.

I'm waiting on some speaker cable and had the same email about dispatches on the 6th, I think waiting is the only thing to do, but the service so far has been good.

A

Anonymous

I am waiting for a mozart interconnect. Apparently they had problems with the manufacturer - continual delays in the delivery date etc. Should be sorting itself now but my interconnect hasn't arrived yet.....

A

Anonymous

I ordered a Mozart and Bach cable from them at the Bristol show and it arrived yesterday. So no need to panic about your order.

A

Anonymous

I hope they have gone bust! I'm still waiting for a refund they promised me in August. I've tried phoning but nobody ever picks up or responds to messages I've left. My emails get returned as 'undelivered' when I've tried to contact them via their website contact page. Anyone thinking of buying from Merlin Cables would be best advised to stay well clear - the cables aren't even made that well, the plugs are partly plastic which makes them feel really cheap. Horrible.

A

Anonymous

Why on earth should he 'just keep phoning'? In my experience any company who is not eager to take your order and despatch it swiftly is not worth wasting time on. There are loads of great companies out there making more superior cables for the same or not much more money who happen to offer brilliant service - some of them even bother answering the phone and replying to emails. I kid you not.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Three posts only on this website, all attacking Merlin - is there anything we should know, Birdie?
emotion-40.gif

In the meantime, i've alerted Paul Usher of Merlin to this thread.

A

Anonymous

hi Birdie Num Num,

I am sorry if you have had a bad experience. My mobile number is 07764247844 if you have any outstanding issues please feel free to contact me.

Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts