Hats off to Sonos

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I recently purchased the Sonos BU250 package and wanted to sing it's praises.

It was a doddle to set up and the results are brilliant.

I posted a few questions on here to find out a little more about using Sonos with a NAS and it all works brilliantly.

Using Buffalo LinkStation Pro 1TB for info.

Just have to re-rip all my CDs in lossless now!! :)

Hope this might help anyone looking to purchase either.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It is a cracking addition to any system, and with a £5 monthly prescription to Napster, is probably one of the biggest bargains as far as source components go for quite some time. Great choice of music for not a great deal of money, and with the £799 package you get 2 zones out of that too.

A

Anonymous

Andy, please do explain a bit more. I'm very interested in the Sonos system. How do you bypass the ZP90's DAC to utilize an exterior unit?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
digit3:Andy, please do explain a bit more. I'm very interested in the Sonos system. How do you bypass the ZP90's DAC to utilize an exterior unit?

Just use the digital output instead of the analog one.

A

Anonymous

Trying to envision the set-up:

NAS>Router>ZoneBridge

Wireless signal goes out to Zoneplayer placed near my main listening system. That ZP connects via coax to digital input of DAC which then goes analog out to my pre-amp.

Correct?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
digit3:Trying to envision the set-up:

NAS>Router>ZoneBridge

Sort of the NAS and Zonebridge are logically at the same level, but that's a little difficult to show in text.

Router
/
/
NAS Zonebridge

Bet that doesn't survive formatting...

Wireless signal goes out to Zoneplayer placed near my main listening system. That ZP connects via coax to digital input of DAC which then goes analog out to my pre-amp.

Correct?

Yes although the ZP90 has optical digital out as well, if you prefer that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts