Has What Hi Fi reviewed projector screens?

jcshutts

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
Agree totally as I am about to try and buy one ! Your suggestion has perfect timing. Do I sense that you may be considering???

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I saw a projector + screen recently and something obvious that i hadn't realised till i was being shown one was you can expand the picture past the size of the screen and onto the surrounding wall. It filled the whole wall and looked cool. So it could be worth bearing in mind that you could use a whole wall to show off a picture. It was another plus point for projectors as a whole for me. I would like to go the projector route myself but will be difficult to make it work in my enviroment.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
bigboss said:
Projector screens vary vastly in quality. Has What Hi Fi reviewed them? We should have a dedicated section for projector screens in reviews online as well.

We did review a couple a long time ago, but it's true to say we haven't done them recently and we probably should. I'll put it on my mental list of 'things to do'.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't you wrap up a bunch of reviews with a savvy shopper type feature with BB as our protagonist? We could have a shoot out of four screens, four projectors and a few blu ray players :)

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Couldn't you wrap up a bunch of reviews with a savvy shopper type feature with BB as our protagonist? We could have a shoot out of four screens, four projectors and a few blu ray players :)

:grin:

I'd love to read that feature!

In the interests of being thorough, however, we should include side-by-side testing of the Panasonic ZT60 and 5090 Kuro...

A

Anonymous

sounds like a good idea as i dont know what to look for in a projector screen and if size matters, also i would like some advise on a projector some thing sub £1000 full hd and 3d if pos have seen the new epson 5910 for around £800 but also a new benq w1070 for around £650 has anyone seen any of these in action

HKPS

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Andy Clough said:
bigboss said:
Projector screens vary vastly in quality. Has What Hi Fi reviewed them? We should have a dedicated section for projector screens in reviews online as well.

We did review a couple a long time ago, but it's true to say we haven't done them recently and we probably should. I'll put it on my mental list of 'things to do'.

any chance of reviewing screens?

Dnp supernova classic

Black Diamond

Draper React 2.1

Firehawk

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
rapsey said:
sounds like a good idea as i dont know what to look for in a projector screen and if size matters, also i would like some advise on a projector some thing sub £1000 full hd and 3d if pos have seen the new epson 5910 for around £800 but also a new benq w1070 for around £650 has anyone seen any of these in action

I opted for the Optoma HD33. Cost me £999, 12 months ago. Full HD and 3D. I think it's just flawless for the money. It gives the kind of performance that would have set you back 5 grand 6 or 7 years ago. Blu rays look just fantastic, the 3D is brilliant , it handles fast motion effortlessly and it has zero lag for gaming (i'm not a huge gamer, but I have to admit playing Batman; Arkham City on a 106" screen with a lifesize Batman is something to behold!) Oh, and up to 6000 hours lamp life is very good for a projector of this budget, too.

Seriously, you pair this up with the biggest screen you can accomodate and a decent surround sound set up and you'll out perform your local cinema, hands down.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Andy Clough said:

Clearly a jolly long list, given that it's eight months and nothing whatsoever has happened. :rofl:

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
bretty said:
rapsey said:

I opted for the Optoma HD33. Cost me £999, 12 months ago. Full HD and 3D. I think it's just flawless for the money. It gives the kind of performance that would have set you back 5 grand 6 or 7 years ago. Blu rays look just fantastic, the 3D is brilliant , it handles fast motion effortlessly and it has zero lag for gaming (i'm not a huge gamer, but I have to admit playing Batman; Arkham City on a 106" screen with a lifesize Batman is something to behold!) Oh, and up to 6000 hours lamp life is very good for a projector of this budget, too.

Seriously, you pair this up with the biggest screen you can accomodate and a decent surround sound set up and you'll out perform your local cinema, hands down.

That is very cheap, seems like great value.. How dark does the room need to be - do you have to pull the curtains/blinds?

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
hammill said:
That is very cheap, seems like great value.. How dark does the room need to be - do you have to pull the curtains/blinds?

Well, I got a glass-beaded screen, which improves image brightness (BTW, the screen was also a great bargain. 106", motorised and remote controlled for just over £100, from Amazon). What this means, in reality, is that you CAN watch my projector in a daylit room. However, the image is washed out. To get the best from it, you need a darkened room. I always have the blackout blinds down when i'm watching it, TBH.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts