Has anyone got a Bandridge Component Switching unit or similar??

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I wonder if someone can help me. I tried setting up my Dad's system a couple of weeks ago and almost had it all running nicely. He is now back from holiday and I will be going round there this weekend to finish off. The problem I found was getting audio from his new Humax box. He has an old Wega LCD which doesn't have hdmi. I bought him a component switching unit which has coaxial and analogue audio connections. I set it up so that component runs from LCD to switch box and then component from switch box to Humax and another to HDD dvd player. He has a Sony home theatre dvd box which is the amplifier. I connected the dvd player to the amp with coaxial. Picture and audio fine. The Humax doesn't have coxial so I ran optical from it to the amp. No sound. Do you think this could be because the switch box only has coaxial and analogue? I'm going to take some RCA cables over there on Saturday to test my theory.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
From the sound of it, you're bypassing the switch box for the audio i.e. HDD DVD player goes straight into the amp via coaxial and Humax goes straight into the amp via optical? Is this right? If so, the switch box shouldn't be having any affect on the audio...

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yes you understood correct. I was hoping that it was some kind of glitch. Sound and vision is fine with scart (and the picture is very good with a scart connection also). With component the picture is fine but no sound - maybe I have a settings issue with the Humax box.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Mmm, that would be my first place to look, as well as checking that whichever source you are using on the amp for the Humax is set to to use the optical input as well. Take your RCA cable along as well though - sometimes the strangest theories are right!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts