Has anyone ever used these tips and they did anything?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
On a previous thread a guy called Peter Belt has been mentioned and a link to his tips for Hifi has been found.

http://www.belt.demon.co.uk/index.html

I'm not the world's greatest expert of things hifi by a long way but this whole thing has intrigued me, where the ideas came from and how things like "blue paper below flower vases" help.

The one about freezing equipment just sounds dangerous to me, but i am open minded about this if it works

Has anyone ever tried such things advised on this website and have they done anything for your listening enjoyment?

A

Anonymous

well i have had 30yrs of all things hifi,it was like a drug to me and totally addictive as well,, i tried most tips over the years
and looking back if you think these tips will work you would convince yourself they did ,, but now a bit older and wiser
no they did not work for me, but i am having a laugh in my own search for the perfect sound..

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I remember the 'Belt' phenomena in the magazines at the time. I doubt anyone ever took it seriously including the journalists themselves. (Lots of tongues lodged in cheeks I suspect.) One magazine issue carried some free self adhesive reflective triangles to stick on plug-tops, speaker cones, partner's foreheads etc. but I think mine ended up being used by a friend's daughter to stick in a colouring book.

I think the Peter Belt stuff was a bit like the horoscopes in newspapers. They ranked alongside cartoons etc as a bit of harmless amusement.

Belt should have gone the whole ten yards, dressed in purple and declared himself the son of a deity on national TV. At least after all the ridicule David Icke ended up rich from the book sales. If you are going to make a complete and utter plank of yourself - as a career move - then do it in front of a bigger audience than just a few thousand hifi enthusiasts!

John Duncan

chebby:If you are going to make a complete and utter plank of yourself - as a career move - then do it in front of a bigger audience than just a few thousand hifi enthusiasts!

(slaps forehead and heads for facebook...)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts