Happy together.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Is that possible? :)

I'm happy it's as good as it can be....for now. Financial constraints mean it won't be changing anytime soon, but I think if most of us won a trolley dash around our local dealer there's a few additions/changes we would make

scene

Lee H said:

I'm happy it's as good as it can be....for now. Financial constraints mean it won't be changing anytime soon, but I think if most of us won a trolley dash around our local dealer there's a few additions/changes we would make

+1 on that - should I win the lottery :dance: I think some serious kit upgrades would be considered...

A

Anonymous

Yes ,

would I audition some EB 2's if I had the money? Yes I would

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
scene said:
Lee H said:

+1 on that - should I win the lottery :dance: I think some serious kit upgrades would be considered...

Quite, there's huge scope for upgrading my setup, everything is old bar the TV and BDP but if a lottery win came along the dining room floor would be coming up to allow the celler floor to be dug down another few feet, and a cinema to be built down there! Can't do it at the moment because the dining room floor is being held up by an RCJ and a pillar in the middle of the cellar, which would spoil the view a bit...

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
My 'kit' at the moment is a windup radio in the spare room/study, some creative T10s in bedroom, a Roberts mono fm/am radio in the kitchen, and the TV's built in speakers in the lounge.

So there is much scope for audio improvement, but as I'd rather save for a mortgage deposit at the minute I'll probably limit myself to a QTV2 for the lounge. Then I'll be happy. At the moment I despise the TV speakers, but actually quite enjoy Radio 2 via the wind-up!

A

Anonymous

To be honest... 100% YES
smiley-laughing.gif

Having minimised my systems to the Marantz and M/A speakers I really dont think I'd want more currently...

The system is superb; ideal for me as everythings on iTunes now and the wifi capability just makes life so much smoother. The M/A speakers, now run in, sound absolutely superb. Even my Uncle admitted that and he's got a system worth close to £70k! His turntable cost him close to £14k
smiley-surprised.gif

If, and I mean IF, I hyad to change anything, I'd only be tempted to change the speakers to some PMC GB1i's as I've heard them with the Marantz and they really are superb BUT I dont know if it'd be that much of an imprvement over the BX5's!

If I'd kept the NAD systems I had; I think I'd forever be looking to change bits over & over

Plus the current system is hell of a lot more wallet friendly
smiley-wink.gif

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Considering a compact sealed cabinet subwoofer because the DB1i, although good for their size, don't go that deep.

Under different circumstances, maybe I'd go with compact floor standers.

TBH I've just removed the dining room table, and although it wasn't directly in the way betweenthe sofa and the stereo, it's sounding more expansive, and I still catch myself thinking "damn this sounds good"

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm content that for the money I've spent, I have the kit which sounds closest to what I want from a HiFi. If I had more spare money to spend on HiFi, there would be some serious changes. In fact probably everything would go other than my speakers and my TT, both of which I'm very satisfied with. I feel I'd have to spend an awful lot of money elsewhere before they became the weakest links.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I have just completed upgrading my system, both amplifier and speakers including the addition of a subwoofer. I am really happy with the existing setup and the SQ is GREAT to my ears and I enjoy listening to the music I like. No more fine tunning is needed. I don't think I need to have further upgarde not until I win the Euro Million :cheer:

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
No, I'm not happy. I've worn out the tip of my cartridge and I'm a bit skint after buying some speakers for a few thousand pounds. I'll have to wait till my next pay day before I send the cartridge back to the manufacturer for a full rebuild.

A

Anonymous

Not even slightly. Missing very low end detail, midrange vibrancy and my high end is a tiny bit bright for me. (ProAc Studio 130/MF A3/ Naim CD5XS)

By the end of the year I'm hoping to get an MF M6500i and a pair of B&W 802N's. May swap out the Naim for an M6 CD player, or a Classe unit.

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
I can honestly say I'm very happy at the moment. The Neats are such a beguiling listen in just about any repertoire I can throw at them that I'm spending more time just listening to that extra track when I only intended to put a particular item on the CD. I think all I would consider adding in future is a Hi-Cap 2 when funds allow, but at present I'm more concerned with how the hi-fi blends into the surround. Only about 15% of my listening is movies, but the Yamaha is a bit old and probably not the best fit for the Supernait (!), and the centre could definitely do with an upgrade to better match the Neats; I'm not sure about the rears. The thing is that our long term aim is to move house, when I would aim to get a dedicated home cinema system such as the B & W to put with the TV, and leave the 2-channel set up completely separate in a dedicated music room - I wish!

A

Anonymous

I am happy at the moment, although a more dynamic amp is going to be purchased when fund's allow, ill prob buy a v-psu for the dac at some point, in general im happy, i only got my rx1's yesterday and i love them.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The downsizing itch is still there a little bit sometimes.

If Geneva Lab ever put a digital optical connection - and AirPlay - on the next version change of their Model M than I will get it.

A non CD version of the Model L (with digital connection and AirPlay instead) would be worth considering too. It's a bit 'chunky' compared to the more elegant M, but still smaller than a pair of floorstanders and my Marantz.

Happy for now though, and I am getting more than my money's worth from the M-CR603.

Messiah

I am very happy with my system. It is the simplest and best sounding it has every been.

Since I have had the ADMs I have lost that nagging feeling about something being not quite right. They are simply stunning and I have no intention of changing them.

Only change I may make at some point will be to add the AVI sub.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
Not at present, I am looking to change speakers probably to Proac studio 140's,my 603's though great with movies are not giving enough warmth or detail, CDM's sound better but lack bass and a little shrill, this maybe due to using QED Revelation cable.If the change to Proac's still sound too bright will get some pure copper, will probably do this anyway out of curiosity.

On my vinyl set up I need a new stylus but looking to get a shure M97xe cartridge , want more power from my amp and struggling to find Alpha 9 with a built in phono stage and one of my bass units has just dropped out of my missions, sure it is just a connection inside somewhere !!

Have just had a bad run of luck with regards to the above tweaks due to a very nasty case of dry rot (£12k) which has blown my spending budget but getting to the point of just splurging the cash to put a smile back on my face.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts