happy at last with speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
well iv sold my rx1 and i picked up my new leema xones on thursday. first impressions were how is that bass possible from such tiny speaker 4in cones considering whathifis review on these speakers.there tight, punchy and can produce some nice deep bass and thats straighht out of the box.jack johnson sound unbelievable as does massive attack and jamie cullum. the detail that i found the rx1s struggled with is a breeze with these speakers gone has the bloated bass and everything iv listened to so far has gained some pace which i couldnt understand how a pair of speakers could sound faster with the same source but i do now .very happy with my purchase not every day you can pick up a £2000 set of speakers for £850

A

Anonymous

Brings to light what half decent crossovers can do put inside a well designed cabinet.

Enjoy! (they will improve)

A

Anonymous

what i have found is well recorded music gets better with more expensive kit but if it was bad with budget kit it stays bad the gap in sound quality seems to get bigger or is that just me?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
pauladamss:what i have found is well recorded music gets better with more expensive kit but if it was bad with budget kit it stays bad the gap in sound quality seems to get bigger or is that just me?

I find that well recorded stuff sounds good on just about anything, but less than perfect recordings can show bigger differences in equipment - some stuff I used to think was just badly recorded can sound far less muddled on a good system. A case in point is Neil Finn's Try Whistling This album - on a cheaper system it just sounds messy and badly put together - on a good system it transofrms into something totally different! And while I'm not a major fan, if you listen to Kate Bush's voice on a good system and a bad system - night and day!

A

Anonymous

i think some of it may be that when i get a new piece of kit i tend to throw all my best sounding albums at it to see what difference it has made and kind of get used to that sound quality. below par recordings still sound far better than on my budget system.

manicm

FrankHarveyHiFi:

pauladamss:what i have found is well recorded music gets better with more expensive kit but if it was bad with budget kit it stays bad the gap in sound quality seems to get bigger or is that just me?

I find that well recorded stuff sounds good on just about anything, but less than perfect recordings can show bigger differences in equipment - some stuff I used to think was just badly recorded can sound far less muddled on a good system. A case in point is Neil Finn's Try Whistling This album - on a cheaper system it just sounds messy and badly put together - on a good system it transofrms into something totally different! And while I'm not a major fan, if you listen to Kate Bush's voice on a good system and a bad system - night and day!

Hounds Of Love is a completely brilliant and scary album - I'll never listen to it on Sundays!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts