Halfway pleased...

manicm

(And here we go again...and yeah Cno before I read your post I knew you couldn't help yourself :rofl: )

...to quote Curt Smith. Got a pair of Monitor Audio RX1s and love their transparency. Soundstage height, like the BX2s, is a bit short but they're better at lower volumes, perhaps paradoxically because of their lower impedance, and more open. And whoever's got a problem with their tweeters needs a) their ears checked for tinnitus or b) their system replaced. There is nothing harsh about them.

Hint to other RX1 owners - at 2m apart or below do not toe them in at all. Keep 'em more or less straight. Great speakers.

Jonathan Cox

Dec 7, 2008
Visit site
Nice to hear opinion on these, not too many on here I've seen. Had mine almost 6 months and can't wait to put them in their intended room, being decorated. tried these in dealer against bx2, bx5 and b&w685. so these are really the only quality speakers I've heard. they were best in test in Hifi Choice vs Dynaudio 2/6 and Quads amongst others. How would you rate vs others you've heard? I love them too, originally was interested in Dynaudio, Q Acoustic 2050i and EB acoustic EB1 but unable to demo these. I use with Marantz amp as per signature. Would be very interested in anyone's thoughts.

Timpd

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I use the RX1s with a Marantz PM 6004 too and enjoy the sound. I had wondered why they seem to have been damned by faint praise on the forum despite the good reviews. I had not trialed them against anything as I was looking at BX2s but was offered the RX1s for the same price. I thought it was a no brainer and I am very pleased with them.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Timpd said:
I use the RX1s with a Marantz PM 6004 too and enjoy the sound. I had wondered why they seem to have been damned by faint praise on the forum despite the good reviews. I had not trialed them against anything as I was looking at BX2s but was offered the RX1s for the same price. I thought it was a no brainer and I am very pleased with them.

Most things in hifi are like that........ie. No agreement.

CnoEvil said:
Timpd said:

........ie. No agreement.

Like ALL things in hi-fi.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:
Timpd said:

........ie. No agreement.

Like ALL things in hi-fi.

I have yet to hear anyone who hasn't liked the AMS35i, so make that "nearly all".
evil.png

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I had MA RX1s with a Rega Brio R and Audiolab 8200 CD and found them to be great speakers, so much so that I upgraded to RX6s.
The RX6 are not in the same place as the RX1s and I am finding them a little brighter than the RX1s so I am looking at changing my amp to the new Arcam FMJA19 which I feel will work well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts