gyro se -roksan tabriz ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a roksan tabriz from my last t/t. Which would be best use the roksan or auction it and put proceeds towards michell arm . Also suggestions for a good starter cartrigde up too a 100.00 pounds ?

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Hey Fats,

I've never heard the Tabiz, so can't comment on it. But, if you're going to get a technoArm, get it from Ian Harrison Hifi. I bought mine from him for £385, delivered, which was a good £50 cheaper than anywhere.

For a starter cart, I reckon get a second hand Shure M75EJ type 2 off ebay, for less than £20 (I recently bought a back up cart from the same site for £10) it's a brilliant cart, especially for vocals and rock. It has a really nice presentaion with seriously strong bass reproduction. Amazing value for money.

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
mitch65 said:
+1 for the TechnoArm appreciation society :bigsmile:

I'm going to find out on Thursday if I am going to join your society ( if I'm allowed in ) as I am having a nearly new Tecnoarm and Grado cartridge ( the same one as Bretty)fitted to my Origin Live Calypso turntable . Should be interesting ,

Nick

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
shropshire lad said:
mitch65 said:
+1 for the TechnoArm appreciation society :bigsmile:
I'm going to find out on Thursday if I am going to join your society ( if I'm allowed in ) as I am having a nearly new Tecnoarm and Grado cartridge ( the same one as Bretty)fitted to my Origin Live Calypso turntable . Should be interesting , Nick

Wellllll, there is a waiting list but 'cos we know you we'll fast track your application.
smiley-tongue-out.gif

It's great that you're getting the Grado, too! The word seems to be spreading about the brilliant wee cart. Let us know what you make of the TechnoArm and the Grado, ok?

A

Anonymous

We have heard the Roksan Tabriz with various cartridges on the Gyro SE. It is a good arm, quite lively though, so match with a smooth cartridge-Goldrings match well-the 2000 series, or even Roksans own(made by Goldring). If you look at new prices, a Tabriz now costs £599, a TecnoArm 'A' from Michell is £550, and don't forget the Roksan NIMA uni-pivot at £499. The Nima in particular looks and sounds very nice on a Gyro SE. So yes, the Tabriz works well. As for a cartridge up to £100, we like the Ortofon 2M Red which is £80. The other thing is that they are all compatible with the Rega cut Gyro arm plate.

A

Anonymous

We have heard the Roksan Tabriz with various cartridges on the Gyro SE. It is a good arm, quite lively though, so match with a smooth cartridge-Goldrings match well-the 2000 series, or even Roksans own(made by Goldring). If you look at new prices, a Tabriz now costs £599, a TecnoArm 'A' from Michell is £550, and don't forget the Roksan NIMA uni-pivot at £499. The Nima in particular looks and sounds very nice on a Gyro SE. So yes, the Tabriz works well. As for a cartridge up to £100, we like the Ortofon 2M Red which is £80. The other thing is that they are all compatible with the Rega cut Gyro arm plate.

A

Anonymous

I had a Tabriz on both my Systemdeck IIX and Michell Syncro, to be honest it never really impressed me on either turntable. Also with the Zi upgrade I couldn't really hear much in the way of improvement plus the replacement counter weight was all over the shop on the suspended designs. The Techno Arm is a very well engineered and thought out design that addresses a lot of the standard Rega issues, even Jeff Spall of Audiomods rates this arm and thats a huge compliment.

Cat among the pigeons time, if you listen to a lot of rock and pop try the humble AT95HE, the upgraded stylus is a huge improvement over the standard. All parts of the spectrum are treated well with pretty good firm bass and soundstaging at the price. However if you listen to a lot of classical then its not the best choice as it just can't resolve all the layers of the orchestra that well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts