Guidance needed for mini / micro HIFI system

Sleeper

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, Can anyone give me some guidance, i am looking to buy a mini or micro hifi system but cannot locate one that allows for wirelass speakers. I am not worried about the unit itself, the speakers can be wired or wireless, but i do want an additional option of using wireless speakers off the system so that i can stream music to another room. Would also need airplay or similiar so wifo / internet connection also required.Can anyone advise what is available. Cheers!

SpursGator

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Most wireless speakers are an add-on product that, generally, can be used with any amplifier. So choose your system, then choose your wireless speakers. Assuming your micro-system allows for regular speaker hookups (i.e., there are terminals or binding posts, rather than a cable you cannot disconnect) it ought to be simple.

Mind you, this is not the best way to do it. Better to buy - at the high end - a nice all-in-one box like the Naim Uniti and some active wireless speakers. Or at the low end, various Sonos products and their ilk can do this job a lot better than buying a micro system.

SpursGator

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, Sonos isn't really a low-end product range - still more expensive than a micro system. But I do think they are a cost-effective way to get good sound wirelessly...low-end as in 'not posh.'

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts