Greetings fellow HiFi fanatics

Flaxxman

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
My system comprises of the following:
1xThorens TD 165 deck
1xMarantz PM8005 amp
2xMonitor Audio Bronze speakers

I’m considering upgrading to a Rega Planar 3 deck as my Thorens is getting a little tired and ruffled around the edges.
I need to locate a technical drawing of the Rega Planar 3 so I can locate the position and measurements of the feet, basically to see if it will fit on my HiFi shelf?
Hope you can help.

My system comprises of the following:
1xThorens TD 165 deck
1xMarantz PM8005 amp
2xMonitor Audio Bronze speakers

I’m considering upgrading to a Rega Planar 3 deck as my Thorens is getting a little tired and ruffled around the edges.
I need to locate a technical drawing of the Rega Planar 3 so I can locate the position and measurements of the feet, basically to see if it will fit on my HiFi shelf?
Hope you can help.
Welcome to the forum.
I don't know the exact measurements, is there nothing on the Rega website?
You could email them.
I would suggest that if your Thorens fits then so will the Rega.
If it doesn't I might suggest one of the Rega specific wall bracket / shelves that are available on the market.
Note: the page below gives dimensions of the shelf itself you you should be able to judge where the feet will go on your rack.

Flaxxman

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
I’ve got a wall bracket in place already and am hoping to utilise it for the Rega Planar 3. I suppose I could buy a larger isolation platform.

I’ve got a wall bracket in place already and am hoping to utilise it for the Rega Planar 3. I suppose I could buy a larger isolation platform.
Isolation platform for what?
Using a wall bracket for the turntable should mean you don't need an isolation platform, assuming it's a dedicated wall bracket.
Or perhaps I have misinterpreted what you are trying to do...

Flaxxman

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Using a wall bracket for the turntable should mean you don't need an isolation platform, assuming it's a dedicated wall bracket.
Yes it is a dedicated wall bracket, but the current platform that my Thorens sits on is too small for a Rega Planer 3.

Keep the TD165 & buy more records. Fully restored a good TD165 goes for £1500
TD over 40years old now if you want to better the Thorens get a RP8/RP10
I would agree, there are certainly benefits in spending money to upgrade the Thorens itself.
A new Planar 3 is about £660, you would be able to really sort the Thorens for much less than that.
Of course you should get a decent price if you do intend to sell it.

Flaxxman

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
I would agree, there are certainly benefits in spending money to upgrade the Thorens itself.
A new Planar 3 is about £660, you would be able to really sort the Thorens for much less than that.
Of course you should get a decent price if you do intend to sell it.
An RP8 or 10 are out of my league price wise.

Messiah

I’ve been trying to upload some pictures to make my situation clearer, but the forum won’t allow me to do so.
I had that issue. If I tried to upload from my photo album (Android) it told me the file was not the right format, despite being JPEG. If I uploaded the same photos to Google Drive and then added them it worked fine.

Din5

Jun 27, 2021
Visit site
Rega Planer 1,2 ,3 &6 all seem to share the same distance between their feet.
My RP6 front feet are approx 36cm apart (outside of foot to outside of foot) and 32.5cm between the feet centres. The single rear foot sits back approx 28cm (outside of rear foot) from the front feet. Hope this helps re the feet measurements. The P3 deck will measure 447 x 360mm.

Flaxxman

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Rega Planer 1,2 ,3 &6 all seem to share the same distance between their feet.
My RP6 front feet are approx 36cm apart (outside of foot to outside of foot) and 32.5cm between the feet centres. The single rear foot sits back approx 28cm (outside of rear foot) from the front feet. Hope this helps re the feet measurements. The P3 deck will measure 447 x 360mm.
Much thanks for this information.

Reactions: jjbomber

Flaxxman

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
I had that issue. If I tried to upload from my photo album (Android) it told me the file was not the right format, despite being JPEG. If I uploaded the same photos to Google Drive and then added them it worked fine.
I have an iPhone and was wondering that this might be the issue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts