Granite tiles, 60.5 x 30.5 x 1cm, £10.99 each

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
If you live within driving distance of Topps Tiles, New Cross (London), it has a approx 5 boxes of granite tiles (returns), discounted from £14.99 to £10.99 a tile.

Dimensions: 60.5 x 30.5cm, 1cm thick. One side is polished/gloss black or, if you prefer 'industrial chic'-style, t'other side is unfinished/matt grey. And they'll cut 'em to size, 50p per cut.

Just bought a couple, each cut in half, for my hi-fi speakers & AV sub'. Previously, all 3 were on 3cm-thick MDF but the granite actually 'sounds' a wee bit better (& looks a lot less hideous, too).

EDIT: Actually, strike "'sounds' a wee bit better", the hi-fi speakers (floor standers, spiked) sound MUCH, MUCH better on granite: deeper & more refined bass (Massive Attack's 'Angel' is rattling the windows, literally, as I type), with cleaner & more detailed treble & improved separation all-round.

I'm stunned - this has to have been the most cost-effective upgrade, ever.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
Or pop into any large Morrisons or Tescos and pick up a pair of granite chopping boards.

The Morrisons were on special offer, dont no if that,s still on.

I went with tescos, gloss black, with small rubber pads that stop them sliding about on my laminate floor.

Two for the Dalis and one under my Wharfedale sub, (sold the Tannoy)

Yes it makes a massive difference, the 2.8 have now got better bass and imaging.

Like wise the sub has improved,more slam, tighter bass. Play Knowing, the air plane crash at about -10 and the dog shoots straight upstairs to hide under our bed.
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts