Gramophone archive beta trial

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
OK, so it's only in beta-testing form, but the whole 85-year Gramophone archive is now online here.

Every page of every issue since 1923 is now available to read, so check it out, read old music and audio reviews, and try to break it - and give the Gramophone people your feedback.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Thanks Andrew, that's going to be an amazing resource. Plenty of Beta testing going on tonight, what with this and the new version of iPlayer for us Mac users. Should keep me busy for a while!

A

Anonymous

To be honest that seems pretty damn good. I don't deal in .net but I'm impressed. How long until WHF beta is available?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Octopo:To be honest that seems pretty damn good. I don't deal in .net but I'm impressed. How long until WHF beta is available?

You see, I knew someone would ask that.

Gramo has been a bit of a pilot project in this respect - other titles including us and Autocar, with a history going back to 1895, are watching it with interest.

A

Anonymous

Impressed. Very. The searching seems to yield good results too, something not always guaranteed. The team deserve to be congratulated with this project!

T

the record spot

Yup, no small achievement. If you need any other test analysts.....or even consultants, I know quite a few who'd be interested in helping Haymarket get this project off the ground for their other titles.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Just have to say if you hit any probs with the Gramo archive, please don't post them here - advise the Gramo team via the mail links on that site.

Otherwise, enjoy...

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
Octopo:To be honest that seems pretty damn good. I don't deal in .net but I'm impressed. How long until WHF beta is available?

You see, I knew someone would ask that.

Gramo has been a bit of a pilot project in this respect - other titles including us and Autocar, with a history going back to 1895, are watching it with interest.

Ah, I always thought we were in gamma stage.ÿ

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Excellent resource, Andrew - been waiting for this. Now I can chuck those old dog-eared Penguin Guides away that litter my office...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's not all that 'music without words' classical malarkey, either
emotion-5.gif
I've been enjoying reading original reviews of Elvis releases from the 1950s/60s!

limosa

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
tried to report loads of broken links, stack overflow messages, typos etc but guess what, the email bounced too. Also, you can't search for words of less than (i'm guessing) 4 letters so a search for eg 'dvd' or a model number is ignored. I tried to get the review of the Cyrus DAB 8 but got several hundred reports on just Cyrus. Ho hum.

limosa

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Email your reported problems to me at whathifi@haymarket.com and I will make sure your comments are passed on. Though I doubt much will happen this side of the New Year, as I'm already getting 'out of office' replies from the Gramo office.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
limosa:I tried to get the review of the Cyrus DAB 8 but got several hundred reports on just Cyrus. Ho hum.

Strange: I just did a search on 'Cyrus' and the DAB 8 was the 13th return on the first results page that appeared - this one - and that return clicked straight through to the review here. Ho ho ho...

A

Anonymous

I had a very similar problem, yet I was reporting due to the fact everytime I click "download as PDF" I get a response saying that the page does not exist.

Apart from that though, it's amazing!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts