Grado ups 5-star wireless headphones with better drivers, battery life and Bluetooth

Nov 17, 2022
Visit site
Has anybody any comparisons of these or older models of the GW100s, using the supplied cable, compared to SR60 or SR80?

I've been completely happy with a pair of SR60i - with knock-off G cushions - for about 15 years but they have just failed on one driver (not the cable, unfortunately - wonder if I have the skills eyesight to fix a supected voice coil disconnection). I'd happily buy a new pair of SR60x or 80x possibly even 125x but, if the sound was similar with cable, I'd like the advantage of bluetooth when linking to a phone without a decent jack.

Last edited:

hazelmullins

Dec 16, 2022
Visit site
I would like point out that the GW100x does support multipoint connections. I have mine connected to my DAP and PC and the same time and can recieve audio from both at the same time without having to switch between them.

joenangle

Mar 25, 2023
Visit site
I would like point out that the GW100x does support multipoint connections. I have mine connected to my DAP and PC and the same time and can recieve audio from both at the same time without having to switch between them.

EDIT: I misread your post! How were you able to get multipoint working?!

In my experience the GW100x are only working with singlepoint pairing.

Coming from AirPods Pros, which do handle the multipoint situation quite well within my iPhone + MacBook Pro x2 (1 work, 1 personal) ecosystem, the GW100x really disappoint on this front. It's a shame because I really like them otherwise, but this is a common scenario...
  1. Answer an incoming call and ask the caller to wait while I do the following.
  2. Pause music/mute Zoom call/whatever
  3. Open the Sound Preferences/Bluetooth menu on my laptop and forget the GW100x there (otherwise they won't enter pairing mode after turning off, then restarting and trying to enter pairing by holding down the power button)
  4. Turn off the GW100x
  5. Hold power and turn the GW100x back on in pairing mode
  6. Open iPhone settings and pair the GW100x to iPhone (I timed this at ~45 seconds, quite a while for the caller and can be taken as very unprofessional in my line of work)
  7. Complete my call
  8. Forget GW100x from iPhone
  9. Turn off GW100x
  10. Hold on GW100x (didn't enter pairing)
  11. Turn off GW100x
  12. Hold on GW100x (did enter pairing)
  13. Open laptop Bluetooth menu
  14. Pair
  15. Resume audio on laptop (further 1:36 later)
Grado did offer the not-included-in-the-manual suggestion to hold volume +/- to force reset pairing on the GW100x side. Here's how that goes:
  1. Working on laptop
  2. Receive call.
  3. Pause... and "please hold"
  4. Hold +/- on the GW100x
  5. It does reliably enter pairing, which is a plus
  6. (assuming GW100x was previously forgotten from phone) Pair with iPhone (in ~25 seconds, an improvement for the caller, at least)
  7. Finish call
  8. +/- again
  9. Remove from laptop
  10. +/- again
  11. Bluetooth menu, pair again
  12. resume on laptop
  13. forget GW100x from iPhone (another minute and a half or so)
  14. Another incoming call
  15. Repeat 2-12... ad nauseam
I really wish Grado could fix this via firmware.

TRENDING THREADS