Grado Sr80!

dexxas

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
Just orderd some of the new Grado SR80e Prestige Series Open Backed Headphone from amazon £83. superb interaction from Grado customer service by email about them. Quite excited in waiting for there arrival. To compare them to my 80!. Anyone else pre-purchased them.

Edit: Apolegies . Have not done a post and run. The dilevery date august 1st So will report Back when i get them.

Thanks

http://www.grado.co.uk/grado-earphones/sr80i-headphones.htm#.U8Qmgo1dUlo

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
dexxas said:
Just orderd some of the new Grado SR80e Prestige Series Open Backed Headphone from amazon £83. superb interaction from Grado customer service by email about them. Quite excited in waiting for there arrival. To compare them to my 80!. Anyone else pre-purchased them.

http://www.grado.co.uk/grado-earphones/sr80i-headphones.htm#.U8Qmgo1dUlo

I never really got on with my 80i. Hope enjoy the latest iteration. I look forward to reading your thoughts on them, although I am often puzzled why people choose that upgrade path rather than moving further up the chain for a more significant improvement. e.g. people who had the Marantz pm6004 wanting to upgrade to the PM6005. Still, never having done it myself, maybe there is a more significant improvement than my preconceived notions allow for.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I had the Grado 325 and really liked it - almost neutral with just a little forwardness, much like my Sennheiser HD565. I eventually got a HD600, then years later got a Grado PS500. The PS500 had a better mids and highs than the 325, but also had an upper bass hump that the 325 didn't have. So maybe the new SR80 is as good as or better than the old 325 (circa 2000-2001).

dexxas

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
Edit 24th Sept 014

comparison findings

There is a noticible difference. The 80e seem to have filled the little gripe some people have that they feel Grado S80! while being excellent. Lacked punch. While playing the Track the Model By kraftwerk i did a quick change of headphones. I was surprised to hear using my Rocksan k2 And Rocksan cd player Atlas interconnects. That the 80e were louder and had more punch . I had the amplifirer on the 20 To the hour setting, the volume and difference between the two headphones were quite revealing.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
We're becoming a Grado stockist in the very near future. I'm looking forward to demoing the range and will report back on what I think. It's all work, work, work...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts