Grado sr60

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I have just dug my old Grado SR 60s out of the cupboard and could do with some advice .

I have lost the larger sized jack off the end and only have the smaller one. I also have the grado extension cable which is now useless without the larger grado jack.

My AKG jack does not fit on the Grados either which is a little disappointing.

Can I buy a larger grado jack?

Googled it but struggling to find anything. Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Also now think the grado extension cable is only suitable for Grado headphones??

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
skippy said:
Pretty sure it's a standard 3.5 mm to 6.3mm jack that you can get from amazon from a quid.

If this was the case surely the jack off my AKGQ701 s would work??

for a quid though it's worth a gamble

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Womaz said:
skippy said:
Pretty sure it's a standard 3.5 mm to 6.3mm jack that you can get from amazon from a quid.

That's what I can't understand.

The 3.5mm from my Grado's fits into my phone and tablet and the 6.3mm fits into my Yamaha amp.

Totally up to you though

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
skippy said:
Womaz said:
skippy said:

That's what I can't understand.

The 3.5mm from my Grado's fits into my phone and tablet and the 6.3mm fits into my Yamaha amp.

Totally up to you though

I don't get it either. The 3.5mm which is on the Grados works with my i phone and I pad.

I can't connect them to my MF amp though as the 6.5mm plug off my AKGs does not connect to the Grado 3.5mm plug snugly. It's loose so no sound

Southsea

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Agree with the other comments here, seems strange. I've got SR60s and they work fine with a generic adapter, so should be fine for you too.

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
The AKG has a thread on it from memory that screws to the connector on the cable, Grados don't have this. You should be able to get a genuine Grado one from one of their dealers.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
It may be my AKG 6.5mm jack that is an odd fitting then. It has a screw in section which the Grados don't screw into.

Anyway one ordered off Amazon for just over a quid so we shall see.

on a plus note forgot how good they sound, and that's just with my I pod at the minute. Looking forward to getting them through my MF amp.

Thanks for all the posts, much appreciated

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
josh05 said:
The AKG has a thread on it from memory that screws to the connector on the cable, Grados don't have this. You should be able to get a genuine Grado one from one of their dealers.

posted at same time.........that would explain it. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts