Grado RS1i worthwhile upgrade from SR60?

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
i have found a great deal on the new Grado RS1i's, i currently own the SR60 version and i'm contenplating the idea of upgrading to the RS1i's. Is the difference in sound quality massive or are we talking minor differences? My source is the Sneaky Music DS, headphone amp Project Head Box 11(which i plan to upgrade to a Graham Slee Solo) thanks for your time.

idc

Hi gooner. I though the upgrade from SR60 to 80 produced noticeable results, I can't see an upgrade to RS1is being anything other than worthwhile. That is not pure speculation on my part, Audio Merchant in Glasgow advised me when looking to upgrade my SR80s to look to the RS range to achieve a real difference.

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
you probably will not be able to answer this question for me but one offavourite tracks of all time is the who's baba o' riley and i have not yet been able to find a pair of headphones that can reproduce the piano when it kicks in after 32 seconds on the left channel, at very lov volumes yes but as soon as you crank the volume up it loses body and basically sounds out of tune. the only set of headphones i feel would reproduce what i am after is maybe the grado GS1000 because the drive is some way back from your ear.

idc

I have just tried various versions of Baba O'Riley off Spotify and itunes and with both my SR80s and more so the AKGs the piano sounds out there on the left channel from low to high volume. However, since you mentioned it there is a slight distortion with the sound just as it kicks in and the overall sound is a bit closed in. That is probably due to it coming through the left side only, or it is the amp. The biggest difference I found going from X-CANS to V8P was sound stage. Everything is so much wider and often sounds out side my head.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts