Grado rs125, are they comfortable enough to wear over an hour??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Since I haven't got any reactions on my post in the accessory forum I'm posting my question here, hope that's not against any rules or regulations.

Dear Hifi Enthusiasts I've been listening to a grado RS125 and thougt it sounded great (although it looks kind of odd)! Great detail and airyness. I've red in earlier editions of Whathifi that they aren’t very comfortable to wear. In the last Whathifi I bought I read that they were now more comfortable to wear because of the new earpads. I've surely tried them at an hifistore but 5 minutes doesn't say a lott about wearing comfort.

Therefore I was hoping that someone who has bought this headphone could tell me how comfortable they are after an hour of listening (or something like that). Secondly, does somebody know when these new earpads where introduced and how they look?? I want to be sure the shop owner doesn't sell me the old (uncomfortable) ones.

Further more I'm interested in opinions about the sennheiser HD595, I was hoping to find a report in whathifi but haven't found anything about it. (especially compared to the rs-125). I hope somebody can give some good advise before I spend a lot of money.

Cheers Mudone

A

Anonymous

I can't comment on the RS125 but I bought a pair of Grado SR80s earlier in the year and I was told when I bought them that they have the newer, more comfortable earpads. Nonetheless, I still find them rather uncomfortable if worn for an extended period of time (i.e. more than about 45 minutes), especially if you wear glasses. Still, they sound great so its a matter of compromising comfort in favour of sound quality.

A

Anonymous

If one thing let the Grados down,it was build,I have a pair of Beyer Dynamic DT990,very comfortable,refined sound,a bit too much bass for my liking and a tad boring though raved about on head fi.

A

Anonymous

My RS60s are so comfortable that I often fall asleep with them on. One of the best things i've ever bought.

jules.

A

Anonymous

Dear All,

Can you share your experiences of Grado usage I was interested in SR125 or SR80 but was let down by comments on these forums that these sound better with Headphone Amp and not as great connecting directly to Ipod or PC.

Since you all are using can you confirm it. Thanks

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reactions, hope to hear more from other people too!
Anybody any experience with the sennheiser hd595 compared to the rs125? Maybe one of the editors can comment if these phones will be tested soon??

Cheers Mudone

A

Anonymous

I've had a pair of SR125's for a couple of years, initially they were very uncomfortable until the pads softened up a little, after that they have been like a second skin, I often forget I am wearing them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts