Got £1500 to spend on a 42-46 inch full HD...what do I go for?

robthebubble

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but havebeen an avid fan of What HiFi magazine. I'm looking at getting a new 42-46 inch TV but I want it to be full HD i.e.for bluray etc. I know that the Pioneer PDP428XD (I think?) is a great TV but its not full HD and I want to have a TV that is future proof.

Any ideas on wht to get or should I wait a few months?

Thanks

Rob

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I'm in exactly the same boat, i'm waiting to see how the new panasonic TH-46PZ85 performs when it comes out shortly

A

Anonymous

If you are prepared to accept that a future proof tv does not exist and never will, and that there are, to miss quote, lies, damn lies and specifications, then for £1500 the Pioneer 428xd is not a great tv. It is the best tv you can buy. End of.

So, unless by some unfortunate quirk of nature you are forced to sit very close to your screen, watching your Blu-ray discs, HD broadcasts or even most SD material will be a very pleasing experience with the Pioneer.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Agree with David, the Pioneer's a cracking set and don't worry that it's not Full HD - it really doesn't matter.

If you're interested in one of the new Panasonic plasmas, we have a TH-42PZ80B coming up as lead First Test in our June issue, and before that we'll be bringing you an exclusive online review of the new TH-42PZ85B (hopefully next week). Both are due in our test rooms shortly.

A

Anonymous

Sweet, I've been dying for you guys to review the Z85 this is great news!

robthebubble

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Andy Clough"]

Agree with David, the Pioneer's a cracking set and don't worry that it's not Full HD - it really doesn't matter.

If you're interested in one of the new Panasonic plasmas, we have a TH-42PZ80B coming up as lead First Test in our June issue, and before that we'll be bringing you an exclusive online review of the new TH-42PZ85B (hopefully next week). Both are due in our test rooms shortly.

[/quote]

Thanks for the replies. I'll wait for the two reviews first before I buy anything but I have done some research and Empire Direct have an offer whereby you can get the TH42PZ85B and DMPBD30 for £1,199.99 which I think sounds like a good deal. I'll use this to negotiate with John Lewis to get a price match but not until I've seen the reviews first.

Cheers

Rob

TRENDING THREADS