Good to see some proper amplifiers!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Not blowing smoke, nor simply trying to bump Mr H and his endless pompous whining (if you have such problems with the magazine, stop buying the bl**dy thing, man, rather than posturing online), but just wanted to say it was good to see some proper amplifiers in the latest issue of the magazine again. Alright, so the pre/power test conclusion was probably a foregone one, and I can't say I agree with your conclusions, being a bit of a comitted (probably should be) Naimie, but a pleasure to see music amps being given the kind of space you usually only reserve for tellies. And not a roundy-soundy amplifier in sight.

Mr.H

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="katsuret"]nor simply trying to bump Mr H and his endless pompous whining (if you have such problems with the magazine, stop buying the bl**dy thing, man, rather than posturing online[/quote]

:) Give me a break! I just found the online forum and had three things to say (hardly "endless whining"). This section is where we air our views on the magazine ("Got a point of view on something we've said in print? We're listening"), right?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Katsuret, glad you like the pre/power test - but I can assure you (as you'll see from the verdict page) that is wasn't a foregone conclusion. We argued long into the night on that one, and would urge anyone to hear both the Naim and Cyrus set-ups before they buy.

It was great to have so much hi-fi to pack in, actually. A lovely extended First Test on the B&Ws, a hi-fi only Temptations section.... And there's more on the way - including an exclusive review of Marantz's new £270 CD player in the next issue, for example.

And Katsuret, play nicely with the other Forum-posters - there's room for a range of opinions here, hence our 'have your say' encouragement.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]And Katsuret, play nicely with the other Forum-posters - there's room for a range of opinions here, hence our 'have your say' encouragement.[/quote]

Yes miss, sorry miss. Just the temptation was too great, and I succumbed. A sign of weakness, I know...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts