good sound quality micro system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi guys.i want to buy something smaller but with the good sound quality.my target is not the power but nice deep basses and nice clear sound.My budget is 600.-pound.here is for example one of those which i like and i am looking for a similar design like this one PHILIPS MCD709.could you help me to choose the right system for me?

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Claire and the What Hifi team will kill me for saying this but i reckon the Linn Classik.

Only becuase you said you have 600 pound budget.

It is available for 670 inc free shipping from www.superfi.co.uk

Well worth investing in.

Failing that option then I would say the Onkyo system

A

Anonymous

that price is including speakers?if not ,do you know something cheaper?and which speakers would you recommend?with speakers i do not want go over 600 .-pound

A

Anonymous

I have, well until my Pioneer set up arrives, an Onkyo CS515 and I have to say it is excellent for a micro system. I did listen to the Linn last week and I agree it is the better option; the sound was better than the Onkyo but with speakers it will set you back £800 or so (try auction sites for second hand stuuf for less perhaps). I have to say the Onkyo is great and can be had for around £300 or less if you shop around. I would also upgrade the speakers. I bought some Dynaudio Audience 42's for my Pioneer and they make the Onkyo sound so much better than the supplied speakers (and several shops will sell the unit on it's own). Maybe some MA Bronze BR2's will give you a great sounding system for £500 or less. Otherwise Yamamha do a micro system that I've not listened to it gets great reviews.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Nice choices but I would go for some standmounts as for that price the most Floorstanders will not be as good . Try some Tannoy Mercury F1'S with some stands

A

Anonymous

I like more and i prefer floorstanders speakers.You wrote for this price i wont get that good floorstanders so above what price they are good,or which brand and model i should look for?which is the best quality for the best value?model, brand?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The Tannoy is very good, the sensy DC2 are even better. As for the micro system I haven't got much clue but whatever you choose make sure it's have at least 30W/channel to drive them Tannoy.

A

Anonymous

Thank you,i really appreciate your help.

Those speakers TANNOY SENSYS DC2 as you said are better than TANNOY SENSYS 2 .can you tell me what i will get for that price difference?why is the dc2 better,because the specifications are almost the same.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I think the DC2 are good enough for micro system and beyond. (some may say they are too good!). The different between sensy and DC2, to my eyes, is the sensy have a lot better sound stage and more bass, it's not the most natural bass sound I 've heard but stll very entertaining. I would put them at least 2 feet away from back wall though as they can become boomy. Bang for bucks, they should certainly be on your short list.

A

Anonymous

Yes ,they are definetely on my short list,because i like the tannoys but i have no big experience with them.I saw in so many reviews ,that they are really good.I live in London-croydon.Do you know about some good store where i could try them and maybe to hear , what is the difference between the dc2 and sensys 2?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I think the only way to hear The Tannoys is to give Superfi in Camden High Street a visit, ring them first on 020 7388 1300.

Otherwise why not have a change of plan because sevenoaks in Croydon have a pair of Kef IQ5 for £260. Now that is a classy pair of floor stand, look great, details sound and easier to drive.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="La"]
I like this brand,and specially this model

CR-601

[/quote]

I never heard the model but if you like it......

When you visit superfi why don't have a look what have they got in the branch, bound to be plenty that you may like.

A

Anonymous

I found that model on the Marantz webpage.Maybe is a new model.What do you think about the marantz in general?I was always buying those mini hifi systems from sony ,philips.... But now is time for something different.Different level,but unfortunetly my budget is limited.If i would decide to buy that combination marantz hifi cr-601 (which has 30w amplifier) and those Tannoys Sensys 2.Are those 30watts enough for those speakers and how would they work together?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts