Good Small Room Setup?

JMac

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Im looking for recommendations for a good setup for a small room. I use the smallest bedroom of the house as a home office stroke 'shed' where I can go whilst the other half watches TOWIE or some other rubbish.

The rooms pretty small (about 3m x 3m) and due to desk constraints the speakers are either going to have be wall mounted or desktop. The main source will be my PC via DAC and the music range is pretty varied but tends to be electronic based.

I had considered a pair of Monitor Audio BX2's with a Marantz PM6004 but I'm having second thoughts as to whether this would be too much for the room.

Any suggestions?

MCRetina

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My room is 4 x 4 and I notticed that if i place the Br2 (the old verson of the Bx2) too close to the wall they get very boomy, you sould consider some space from the rear wall, in case you cant give them some space you can block the port with the plugs. Those are fantastic speakers

Other option is to consider some speakers like the Radius range that can be wall mounted with a very small sub. Those are beautiful but more expensive. In this case you will sacrifice some audio for space.

Try to demo them at the same position as they would be in your room and pay atention to the bass.

BTW Im not an expert

A

Anonymous

Personally with the room being small (sounds very similar to my home office); I'd go for powered speakers such as the Audioengine A2's or A5's or the EPOZ Aktimate Minis/Maxis etc...

I had a NAD C320BEE, B&W 601 S3 speakers (music from my iMAC via a Lindy DAC) in my office before I changed to some Audioengine A2's; pound for pound the A2's are very bit as good as the system cant be played too loud as it's right in front/to the side of me and the room is only about 2.5m wide and 4m long

A

Anonymous

Q acoustic 2010/2020 should be on your list also the excellent Dali lektor 1/2's. I think the bx2's may kick out a little to much bass for a room of that size. Amp wise the marantz pm6004 is the popular vote, i would also look at amp's from nad and cambridge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts