Good sacd discs to listen too?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have denon 1930 dvd player which also plays sacd, wanted to know which discs people thought were worth getting to see the quality difference between cd.

A

Anonymous

Hi nads, after i posted i did think i left a major part out, i like all music really,have not listend to a lot of classical . iam sat here listening to kings of leon. do you get your discs on line or in the stores as there does not seem to be agreat selection to chose from in stores.

nads

TBH i did not know i had any until i put one in the multidisc player and it said it was an SACD.

the link i put up has most (if not all) SACD's made (many are CD and SACD) have fun.

A

Anonymous

Thanks nads, i think you saying you did not know you were listening to sacd says it all.

A

Anonymous

What i meant nads is could you tell the difference in sound , or iam i wasting my time sourcing them out, iwas thinking of buying two of the same discs one cd one sacd, just wanted to know what disc would give me the best comparison, thanks nick

topbloke55

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Dire Straits Brothers in Arms 20th Anniversary edition is SACD, also HDCD and is a brilliant example of the technology with both encodings.

Released in 2005 search on Amazon for Brothers In Arms - 20th Anniversary Edition [SACD], it is only around £6 ... bargain.ÿ

nads

nick46:What i meant nads is could you tell the difference in sound , or iam i wasting my time sourcing them out, iwas thinking of buying two of the same discs one cd one sacd, just wanted to know what disc would give me the best comparison, thanks nick

No need to buy 2 discs as if it is a SACD it will most likely have CD encoding on it as well.

Like topbloke said the brothers in arms he mentions has 3 different encodings on it but if you only have a CD player you will never know about the others.

Have a look at your current CDs and see if there is a SACD logo hidden some where on them.

like i said i did not know i had any SACD's until i put one in the multi disc player rather than the Cd player.

Is there a difference between the formats in the sound yes. but again SACD can be 5.1 as well as just stereo.

A

Anonymous

Thanks nads i just sent away for brothers in arms , i will look at my cd collection and see if i can spot any , thanks again mate

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts