Good news for Spotify users.....I think!

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ywgeek/why-spotify-lowered-the-volume-of-songs-and-ended-hegemonic-loudness?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_medium=Cambridge+Audio&utm_source=facebook_pagehttps://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ywgeek/why-spotify-lowered-the-volume-of-songs-and-ended-hegemonic-loudness?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_medium=Cambridge+Audio&utm_source=facebook_page

insider9

I've only skimmed the article but it does look positive. One thing that bothers me on Tidal is that the volume from one album to another can be significant.

Was I to listen to playlists it would be seriously annoying. Luckily I usually listen to whole albums so adjusting the volume once per hour is doable.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
insider9 said:
Was I to listen to playlists it would be seriously annoying. Luckily I usually listen to whole albums so adjusting the volume once per hour is doable.

On Spotify I mainly listen to playlists and I have not noticed any discernable differences in volume between tracks. But it would be annoying if the volume varied by track.

I don't think it's just about keeping the volume consistent throughout the Spotify library but more to help cease the loudness wars and encourage the big labels to stop this distortion and screwing with dynamic range of music and in the end ruining the listening experience for all buyers /listeners etc . Spotify is now a big player within the industry and carries a lot of clout,Maybe this is just the beginning and a little flex of it's muscle to start with.Also with the imminent (hopefully)release of Spotify hi-fi (it's version of lossless audio)would it not make sense to get the source(s)of the musical content sorted out and on the same script.....obviously it ain't going to happen overnight but it's a start.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Nice one Spotify.
cool.png

Let's hope the music industry takes notice and buck up their ideas.

If other streaming services get on board and do the same the music industry will have to take notice. It'll mean that the best way to make their songs stand out against the competition will be to have good sound quality and a sensible amount of dynamic range.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts