Good Basic Amplifier

bolero

Apr 30, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I want an amplifier that does not have all the bells and whistles of modern AV. I want bluetooth and at least 120w per stream. I have two big Mission speakers and just want to stream from my devices to my speakers with a big whoompf! I also have my graphic equaliser (kept from years ago) which I want to connect. I spent all day trying to find something amazing but basic and hope you can point me in the right direct up to 1500 euros...but hopefully less

D

Deleted member 116933

Hi, I want an amplifier that does not have all the bells and whistles of modern AV. I want bluetooth and at least 120w per stream. I have two big Mission speakers and just want to stream from my devices to my speakers with a big whoompf! I also have my graphic equaliser (kept from years ago) which I want to connect. I spent all day trying to find something amazing but basic and hope you can point me in the right direct up to 1500 euros...but hopefully less

Mission = NAD. NAD has loads of drive and power that mission responds to really well, don't be put off by the "small" power numbers of the NAD products, when they say 50watts it sounds more like 100 watts they have plenty of current to drive most things. Try finding a c320bee, c326bee, c370 second-hand, absolute monsters and will last a life time. Plenty on ebay, The c326bee is the newest of the lot 100 watts a channel.

My NAD 320bee 50watts a channel with Mission m74i easily fills a space 6x6 meter space with a lots of energy.

Streaming i'd just get a blue sound node 2i again plenty on ebay and cheap enough to buy RRP as well.
All in all will come in well under 1500. and as about as simple as it gets.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Mission = NAD. NAD has loads of drive and power that mission responds to really well, don't be put off by the "small" power numbers of the NAD products, when they say 50watts it sounds more like 100 watts they have plenty of current to drive most things. Try finding a c320bee, c326bee, c370 second-hand, absolute monsters and will last a life time. Plenty on ebay, The c326bee is the newest of the lot 100 watts a channel.

My NAD 320bee 50watts a channel with Mission m74i easily fills a space 6x6 meter space with a lots of energy.

Streaming i'd just get a blue sound node 2i again plenty on ebay and cheap enough to buy RRP as well.
All in all will come in well under 1500. and as about as simple as it gets.
As a matter of interest is there any similarities between the c320bee and the normal c320. If so the op may get a bargain, I bought one for 75 euros last week but haven't had a chance to set it up just yet, but if you recommend nad for mission, there's certainly bargains to be had.

O0 If you want to go cheaper than the node look at the Yamaha wxad-10

rainsoothe

If it's only for casual listening and convenience, I guess bluetooth could be ok, otherwise, try to go for a wifi or ethernet streamer, like the ones suggested above.

On the amplifier side, I care more about current than just wattage - look into Musical Fidelity, Naim, that kind of stuff.

D

Deleted member 116933

As a matter of interest is there any similarities between the c320bee and the normal c320. If so the op may get a bargain, I bought one for 75 euros last week but haven't had a chance to set it up just yet, but if you recommend nad for mission, there's certainly bargains to be had.

O0 If you want to go cheaper than the node look at the Yamaha wxad-10

Not much difference but the sound is a bit more, shall we say, "chefs kiss" there's a little more refinement in the top and mid-range but that's about it, but yeah massive bargains to be had if all you want is a basic amp.

Reactions: muljao

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts