Good and bad hifi moments

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
:wave:

Derby's lovely. But it's not where I'm from and I am in a hotel pondering what to do as i'm bored without any of my hifi kit to play with. so I thought I would list some of my recent 'goods' and 'bads' and see what people share.

Good - MA BX2

Bad - hooking my new speakers to my new PM6004 and finding no difference between it and my old Denon £80 quid job

Good - a bloke at work who has given of his time to help me set up a shivaplug squeezebox server for a new SB Touch and Radio that bring lovely music around the house

Bad - oh my god! have you ever tried setting up a shivaplug....Linux, schminux, I am buying a pre- installed nas next time

Bad - not being able to buy a cheap dacmagic off RS because they didn't have the power unit for it and couldn't get one from the other shops and having missed a few on eBay

Amazing - walking into the AP office at London bridge and being given a dacmagic psu for free just by asking - I will not say anything bad ever again about RS, CA or AP. what a nice bunch.

Good - seeing the dacmagic 96 sample rate light up when listening to Kate bush's 50 words of snow

Bad - not really being able to tell the difference between higher sample rates and flac or with or without the dacmagic or the touch's dac

Good - not caring too much but wishng my music collection was all flac and not rubbishy old mp3

Good - picking up a few old marantz cd players (273, 63se, 63se) on eBay and learning all about tda1541 dac chips and comparing them to a £16 rotel bx865 (eBay) - after listening to sting "Lazarus heart" and talk talk "give it up" over and over again, (PM6004/MA BX2) the rotel won

Bad - having to re-sell all the old marantz players on eBay

bad - being in derby when I want to be at home with this glass of wine and listening to my music

Great - re-discovering my passion for music and the fun of a hifi habit (kind of under control) and the fantastic people who contribute their knowledge and opinions to this and many other forums..

....cheers

A

Anonymous

Been once...lovely chap....expensive kit.....it was Rick who sparked the marantz and rotel 965bx habit (sorry got my numbers muddled -red wine)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts