Good Amp for B&W 802D

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have had a chance to listen to the 802Ds with a Pathos Classic One amplifier, and Pathos Digit CD Player. The sound was great, (and the Pathos amp and CD player look awesome) but I was told that the Pathos Amp was not powerful enough to run the 802Ds well. Please suggest an amplifier which would do justice to the 802D speakers; or speakers to suit the Pathos Amp (I had considered the Monitor Audio PL 300, or GS60 but could not audition them with the Pathos set up). I mostly listen to classic rock (Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, the Who, Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, Rolling Stones, etc.). Alternately, I was looking at the MA GS60 Gold Signature Series speakers, with a Musical Fidelity A5.5 amp. The cost is a lot lower for this set up. I am replacing my earlier system, which was bought in 1987. I wish to make a good long term decision and therefore don't mind stretching my budget to obtain something that will serve me for the next 20 years! I am really, really confused! Thoughts and suggestions will be most appreciated. Thanks. Aun

A

Anonymous

I am preparing to purchase the 802 D's in the next few months... great speakers!

I currently have a Bryston BP26 preamp and two Bel Canto e.One REF1000 amps (currently have a pair of Monitor Audio GS60's). I am sure this setup will be killer.

With the B&W's I believe lots of clean power will not go wasted.

Let us know when you get them. I would love to hear your comments.

TRENDING THREADS