Goldring NS1000 Getting the battery in......

ziggy47

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi, had the Goldring NS1000 for a few days now, great value and SQ !!!!!

However I'm finding it difficult to open the earpod, to put the battery in.....I know that someone asked the same question last year, I've searched the forum, but cannot find the post.

So I'm hoping one of you helpful chaps/chappess' might help.....

Thanks in advance, Richard........

A

Anonymous

Grip the the cover on the right hand side ear-piece between finger and thumb - its turns anti-clockwise revealing a compartment for a single AAA battery

ziggy47

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys for the help, still reluctant to force the issue..lol.......will attempt again...and again.....etc,
emotion-12.gif
damn, they won't beat me, but then again I said that about the wife (but that's something totally off the subject...
emotion-14.gif
lol)......Richard.

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi, Zigster, yes,it's really that easy. The secret, as always, is in the wrist action. The battery's now in ok, and it would seem that it's needed to use the phones. Without the battery there's no sound .Running in commenced. Cheers, Geoff. 'Doh.

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
You only need a battery in the compartment if you have the noise canceling activated. Just switch it off if you have no battery in the compartment, and it will work.

ziggy47

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi Geoff, glad to see you were more successful than me.....they do work fine minus the battery, you did plug the lead in ?

Hope you are enjoying them, how do they compare to your SR80's ?

.....see you Monday..TTFN......d'oh....lol.............

RSJ...........

And a big thank you to the Prof, as usual a great source of info and help, cheers........HNY to all !!!

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi, Rich. Yes, I took the battery out and they still worked. I found the switch as well. The main difference is the lack of spaciousness I enjoy with my SR80s. But there's good detail, with accurate sounds, and they're still running in, and improving. And there's a considerable improvment, when they're switched on (with the blue lght on). Had I not heard the Grados, I'd be quite imppressed, and I'm still tempted to buy, because of the lack of leakage, and I'd have to spend quite a bit more to significantly improve on the Goldrings, to get close to the Grado's sound. I listened to Metallic Spheres, and the effects seemed more pronounced on the Goldrings, though. Things also got better when I changed the settings on the LD3 to suit the 300 ohm impedance Goldrings. With regards to comfort, they're very comfortable, once you've got the orientation sorted.

Hope your weekend goes well, see you Happy Monday,

Abyssinia,

F A Goode - Thyme

A

Anonymous

I have a Q about my NS1000 headphones (which I think have been very good value for the last 2 years) - and thought this might be an appropriate place to post it in case any user here can help me (Goldring expert please)?!

So they have been packed away for a couple of months and now, having got them out of pack, the laft ear seems to have a loose connection.

No sound until you tap or press on the earphone (pressure on the inside seems to prompt sound again)

so the question is whether anyone knows if I can get inside the unit and hunt for the issue too see if there is a bad connection somewhere I can easily fix.

I have tried gently forcing open, but am worried I will break casing irreprably the way I am going about it. Anyone know how to get in and repari without breaking?

thanks very much for any help!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts